BASF West Africa Limited – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance, but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
Title: Management Trainee – Business Development (Oil & Gas)
JOB ID: 84195
Job Field: Marketing & Sales
Job Conditions: Temporary
What You Can Expect
The successful incumbent will be responsible for providing tailor-made commercial support to assigned customers within the Oil and gas BU. Prepare and contribute towards customer concepts, identifying and develop new sales opportunities. Duties will include the following:
- Self; on-the job; peer-to-peer learning of BASF Oil and Gas portfolio, applications and industry
- Familiarise with customers, processes, internal & external stakeholders relating to the business
- On-time reporting of customer and industry related activities
- Collect and analyse relevant market Information to develop market intelligence
- Support the introduction of new applications to the market
- Follow Project Management principles and Quality Management procedures
- Adhere to and comply with all BASF guidelines and procedures
- Ensure all requirements of the function are carried out timeously and effectively within the business unit
- Commit to and in accordance to the BASF Values and Principles
- Work closely with and gain on-the-job experience from Technical and Account Managers in the region
- Identifies the requirements of the customer and adjusts systems/applications accordingly
- Effectively communicate relevant technical issues with Technical/Account Manager
- Report customer visits, product development status and product trials
- Ensure proper handling of ‘off spec material’
- Assist in managing obsolete and problem stock
- Enters sample requests via ‘LIVE’
What We Expect
- University qualification in a Technical or Scientific field (Oil refining & Petrochemical preferred)
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in development and utilization within Oil & Gas industry
- Driver’s License (Mandatory).
- Willingness and ability to travel
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills
- Efficient ‘farming’ capabilities for maintaining existing and established business
- Skills in identifying growth and business development opportunities
- Project management skills
- Microsoft Office and SAP
- Presentation skills.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a commit-ted team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
Deadline: 28th February, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online