200 + Employees
BEDC Electricity Plc (BEDC)
BEDC Electricity Plc (BEDC) is one of the successor distribution companies (DisCos) established when Power Holding Company of Nigeria Plc, the state-owned power utility, was unbundled and privatized.
Title: Head, Debt Recovery
- Achieve assigned debt recovery target contribute to the organization’s financial performance.
- Keeping track of all outstanding debts
- Planning course of action to recover all outstanding debts
- Liaise with approved debt recovery agents
- Negotiate payoff deadlines or payment plans
- Handle questions or complaints
- Investigate and resolve discrepancies.
- Create trust relationships with debtors, when possible, to avoid future issues.
- Update account status and database regularly.
- Comply with requirements when legal action is unavoidable.
- Develop policies, procedures and guidelines governing debt recovery activities
- Provide technical and strategic advice about debt collection services and procedures, both externally and internally
- Maintain high standards of financial management and record keeping
- To achieve financial objectives including cash collection and billing.
- First degree in finance, business administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar role
- Additional professional certifications will be an added advantage
- Proven knowledge of relevant legal requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strategic thinker and problem solver
- Must be numerically savvy, and able to work with large data.
Deadline: Not specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the Location as the subject of the email.