200 + Employees
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is a global, independent organization that provides medical relief to those in need during times of armed war, epidemics, natural disasters, and healthcare exclusion.
1). Cleaner – Daily Worker
Execute, according to hygienic standards, housekeeping, cleaning, and tiding up activities in order to ensure public and staff private areas are in good condition.
- Clean bedrooms, bathrooms, toilets and other rooms in MSF houses.
- Do the laundry iron clothes and other housekeeping activities.
- Support the cook (washing up, cleaning the kitchen, etc.).
- Sweep and mop the floors.
- Restock supplies (toilet paper, soap, etc.) as required.
- Upon arrival, prepare hot water for tea/coffee and refill drinking water.
- Check that the toilets are well stocked with paper, soap, and condoms.
- Check that the water supply (kitchen, showers, etc.) is sufficient during water cuts.
- Keep premises properly locked (doors, windows).
- Education and Experience: None is required
- Essential: English
- Desirable: Any local language
- Stress Management
2). Cook – Daily Worker
- Prepare meals for patients and MSF staff, according to hygiene standards and security rules, in order to ensure their nutritional needs.
- Carry out the preparation of meals for staff.
- Always follow all hygiene standards and security rules.
- Control stock of food to ask for anything needed on time and prepare shopping list and make purchases if required.
- Ensure meals to be served on time.
- If applicable set table before every meal and clean it up after each meal.
- Ensure cleanliness of all facilities, utensils and equipment.
- If domestic cook, ensure the provision of drinkable water during the day and when she / he leaves: cleaning, filling the filter and empty bottles, changing batteries if necessary.
- Look after all equipment provided.
- Keep an inventory of MSF kitchen utensils and equipment, i.e. plates, glasses, cutlery, cookware, etc., and ensure its integrity.
- Report all important information (lost, robbery, damages, deterioration, incident, etc.).to superior
- Education: Literacy essential, course on cooking desirable.
- Experience: Previous experience desirable.
- Essential: Local language.
- Desirable: Mission language.
- Stress Management
Deadline: Jun 30, 2023
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV with contact details to the “Human Resources Manager” via: [email protected] using “Cleaner” as the subject of the mail. Or
Submit Hard copy at the Application box of:
Médecins Sans Frontières – France (MSFF)
26 Olu Agabi Close,
Life Camp, Abuja.
Application Closing Date: 30th June, 2023.