Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Workforce Group – Our client is an entirely Nigerian oil and gas exploration and production company. The Company, which was incorporated on July 10th, 1997, upholds the highest standards while positively influencing the Nigerian economy. The Company now conducts business in Lagos and Delta States of Nigeria.
Title: Lead, Supply Chain
Job Type: Full time
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Design, develop and implement supply chain frameworks and processes, aligned with the company’s strategic objectives.
- Define purchasing policies and secure Executive Management approval for same.
- Secretary of the Contracts Committee with the responsibility for the entire contracting process including ITT, RFP/RFQ, execution of Commercial evaluation, etc.
- Secure value for money for all contract activities from pre-contract to post contract and to close out stage.
- Develops and maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specification on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
- Conduct regular market surveys to identify potential vendors and obtain competitive prices for all categories of products and services to be purchased.
- Build and maintain an effective database for tracking accredited distributors, stockists and equipment suppliers.
- Timely sourcing for and ordering items at the right price and fit for purpose.
- Oversees and carries out processes involved in raising purchase orders.
- Responsible for ensuring proper controls are observed for purchases.
- Develops accreditation guidelines for suppliers based on quality standards of the company.
- Defines purchasing policies, particularly for key supplies and suppliers.
- Anticipates future needs of the company and ensures that those needs are met at an optimum price.
- Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specification on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
- Map and identify opportunities to improve supply and demand management.
- Responsible for contract drafting and contract management.
- Manage supplier performance including SLA’s and other contract deliverables.
- Develops post-contract evaluation methodology to ensure logic and completeness in vendor evaluation process.
- Prepares post-contract evaluation report and advises vendor of post-contract evaluation.
- Effectively collaborate and engage with key stakeholders such as business owners, suppliers and procurement team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or any other related Degree.
- Relevant professional certifications will be an added advantage.
- 12+ years of working experience within the field of Supply chain/logistics and Contracts & Procurement, with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in supervisory or managerial capacity.
Our ideal candidate for the Lead, Supply Chain position should possess the following attributes:
- Ability to operate and practice within our professional code of conduct and POL core values (Professionalism, Integrity, Leadership, Loyalty, Accountability and Respect).
- Strong background in Supply Chain management; deep knowledge of contracts, procurement and logistics best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with proven ability to influence stakeholders and maximize value to the organization.
- Strong ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, contractors and other stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, leadership, problem solving and strategic thinking skills.
- Strong background is project management, process design, development and implementation.
- Ability to conceptualize, develop and update contracting business processes for efficient and effective supply chain management, in line with global industry best practices.
- Ability to document and articulate clear and comprehensive management reports.
- Demonstrate integrity and transparency at all times.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online