Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
At Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) is a global leader in human and animal nutrition and the world’s premier agricultural origination and processing company.
Title: Ruminant Specialist
Ref ID: #LI-VC1
- To Provide nutrition/technical support and report to the Technical Director.
- To Provide technical support for customers, sales, and marketing team.
- To be involved in the market development of the new product portfolio in relation with formulation
- To monitor product performance using the internal tools
- To proffer prompt solutions to customers/client’s complaints.
- To train technically customers and team internally.
- To provide farm support service on ruminant management and farm related issues.
- To handle all activities that relate to government regulatory agencies with regards to ruminant.
Missions & Activities
Mission: Ensure Business Development and profit optimization of ruminant products:
- Conduct direct technical actions (trial, competitive evaluation, technical tools, technical trial reports, distribution training) in a defined client portfolio (Example: Promote ADM Ruminant products, Physiolicks,T5X, Wisium offer etc.)
- Support sales team on the field in order to drive sales of ADM ruminant products and thus achieve the organization’s financial objective on the product category
- Work with feed mills through trainings and development of their product line and field support
- Work with home mixing farms through training of staff ,farm audit and diet balancing.
- Support the evolution of customer’s lifetime value with the support of ADM team and solutions (Example: Monitoring of products performance and feedback from customers, identify and suggest solutions to customer complaints)
- Ensure market development of ADM Ruminant products across the country using technical approach to switch customers in collaboration with the sales team.
- Handle and resolves product complaints – Quality, packaging, presentation etc. with ADM ruminant team
- Develop Sales and Marketing plan for marketing campaigns and outreaches in support of ADM ruminant Product. E.g. handle participation in industry events, organize seminars for farmers.
- Work with ruminant customers in collaboration with Sales team to develop partners and distributors across the country for effective market coverage.
- Develop ruminant marketing communication materials in conjunction with Sales/marketing team
Mission: Support Technical Director in the development and optimization of product portfolios:
- Participate in defining premix/concentrate specifications and optimize formula according to ruminant species and customer profile in relation with formulation team
- Make local adaptation of global ADM offers
- To ensure the volume of each product in the warehouse.
- To advise on the type and volume of each product to import.
- To ascertain product quality status and ensure first in first out policy.
- To Analyze the tools already in the market to anticipate needs and propose innovative and differentiating solutions
- To ensure a watch on the evolution of the supports.
- Support technical projects (Ruminant symposium, posters, technical presentations, analyze results and write reports)
- Ensure registration of new products and compliance to government regulatory agencies policy (NAFDAC, SON, NIAS).
Mission: Provides nutritional and technical expertise:
- Provide information and ongoing training to department members in this area.
- Develop and deliver training to our clients on best management practices in ruminant.
- Define the nature and objectives of economic and technical audits for farmers.
- Conduct technical audits of customers and farmers.
- Monthly/quarterly joint Visit with ADM sales representatives to clients/customers to monitor product performance and farm evaluation.
Educational Qualification & Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Animal Science
- Degree in Veterinary Medicine is a plus
- At least 2 years of professional experience as sales technical support
- Experience in the analysis of supply and demand of ruminant products would be a plus.
- Experience in feed formulation of different livestock species is required
- Experienced in nutrition, farm management and disease management of ruminant
- Solid background on technical applications of feed stuff
Skills & Abilities:
- A good knowledge of nutrition and management of livestock species
- A good understanding of the importance of modern technology as digitalization and automation is part of the global team’s strategy to provide up-to-date, consistent and standardized information in an efficient manner
- Excellent customer relationship management
- Solid communication, organizational and time management skills
- Analytical, fact-based and solution-oriented
- Fluent in English
- Experience with MS Office (word, excel, PowerPoint).
- Technical Director
- Technical Team
- Production manager
- Sales/Marketing team
- Headquarters Ruminant team.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
Note: We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and value diversity at our company. If you feel this job is for you, unlock your potential and apply now online informing us about your earliest possible entry date and salary expectation.