Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) is the pioneer and leader of the petroleum industry in Nigeria. We invest heavily in our employees, which is reflected in our industry-leading development programme and our commitment to see our employees’ ideas travel and come to fruition.
1). Rotating Equipment Engineer
Job Requisition ID: R106560
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Job Type: Full time
Job Family Group: Discipline Engineering
Worker Type: Regular
Business unit: Projects and Technology
Experience Level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the Role
- The Mechanical Engineer is required to support the delivery of all Mechanical work scope at all phases of the Opportunity Realization Standard. S/He will report directly to Head, Mechanical Engineering
- Develop mechanical deliverables (pumps, Compressors and Turbines with associated piping) at all phases of project
- Review Projects and Asset Mechanical engineering deliverables (Pumps, Compressors and Turbines with associated piping) in line with DCA.F
- Provide other Mechanical Engineering Support at Concept definition, FEED, Detailed Engineering design and Construction phases of projects.
- Contribute to the development of equipment specifications and ensure compliance with local regulatory requirements, discipline and Shell/project standards and specifications during equipment procurement.
- Manage Mechanical related change process on projects.
- Work with the Project Engineering, Asset Maintenance and the Engineering Disciplines to identify and utilize replication / standardization opportunities.
- Contribute to technical and Safety audits and design reviews (e.g., HAZOP, peer reviews, design reviews etc) to ensure compliance with legislation and Shell global policies, guidelines, and standards.
- Assist to develop technical contract specifications (Mechanical aspect), and participate in technical and commercial bid evaluations, contract variations and disputes/claims as might be required.
- Evolve and manage suitable strategy for identification, documentation and Integration on lessons learnt from other related projects, recently completed or ongoing to leverage project performance.
- Provide inputs to drive achievement of Goal Zero at the Project and Asset worksite and support the implementation of site HSE Management Plan for the project and Asset at site level where applicable.
- Participate in construction site activities to ensure compliance to standards and procedures.
- Manage mechanical related change process on projects and assets.
- Participate in equipment troubleshooting, fault diagnosis and apply learnings to future equipment design.
- Participate in running equipment maintenance job routine development.
What We Need From You?
- Positions requires a seasoned Mechanical Engineering graduate with a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering, registrable or registered with COREN & NSE
- Minimum of 5 years in Mechanical engineering (Rotating equipment inclusive) practice in the Oil & Gas industry or equivalent in other industries.
- A graduate of Shell advance training program is desired.
- Must have an Engineering certificate.
- Conversant with Nigerian and International oil and gas facilities design codes and standards. Familiarity with Shell standard will be an advantage
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Application suites and common design software such as Caeser II, PVelite, Excel for rotating equipment sizing or equivalents.
- Ability to function effectively in a multi-ethnic, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good personal relations and communications skills are paramount for success. Inter-cultural awareness, team integration abilities are a requirement
- Personal effectiveness and ability to work and deliver with minimal supervision.
- Inquisitiveness and exploratory capacities to look for unusual solution.
Application Closing Date
2). Senior Planning Engineer, SWO
Reference ID: R107165
Location: Port Harcourt, River
Experience level: Experienced Professionals
What’s the role?
- To contribute to delivery and maintenance of standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
- Develop plans required for the management and engineering of assigned projects compliant with agreed business and technical objectives, within schedule and budget, whilst ensuring quality, safe installation, and operation as well as performance to agreed requirements.
- Evaluate and control project plans and perform schedule development, maintenance and monitoring of the planning/scheduling activities.
- Ensure competitive schedule deliveries via latest benchmarking internally within Shell and externally through IPA, Performance Forum, Woodmac and other benchmarking tools and forums.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project.
- Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct weekly and monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports.
- Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to projects sub-element managers.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers.
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and Shell plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting. Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize the Shell standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Develop credible and competitive project schedule to the required confidence levels working in a multi-function and multi discipline team.
- Maintain and promote realism in the planning deliverables in the face of commercial pressure and optimism from project team leaders.
- Develop credible schedules and plans integrating assessed issues and uncertainties that will facilitate quality decision making.
- Support CSR’s and other site leadership personnel on planning / progress monitoring on execute phase.
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
What we need from you?
- Must have a Project Services Planning Level 1 or equivalent
- Must have at least 8 years of industry experience
- At least 3 years’ experience in a project planning role is a must
- Must have been responsible for the preparation and maintenance of schedules for elements of project scope or a portfolio of early-phase prospects
- Assessment for Leadership Development is expected to be at the level of Individual Performers
- Experience in an Oil and Gas industry is a must.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should use the links below to apply: