Starsight Energy provides premier clean on-grid and off-grid energy services to commercial and industrial clients in Africa. We make clean energy a smart bottom-line decision for clients by eliminating all up-front costs.
1). Site Engineer
Location: Ekiti, Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Osun and Oyo
- The Site Engineer / Technician is responsible for the daily operations and maintenance activities on all Starsight locations assigned. The Site engineer can be assigned to sites either at pre- construction, during construction as well as post construction, managing the infrastructure after commissioning to retain the integrity of the system, enhance performance and exceed client expectation in the service delivery.
- Implement all electrical design aspects of company research and development projects. Oversee maintenance, testing and repair of company-owned electrical equipment
- Perform site visits on new project opportunities to determine the available site power, and utility/facility constraints, collect information regarding construction permits, evaluate potential site support contractors, and assist with preparation of cost estimates.
- Assist with instrumentation and control system design. Develop and/or modify configuration programs, logic diagrams, develop specifications and/or QC subcontractor-prepared programs.
- Implement point-point wiring diagrams and select components for company-built control panels.
- Implement design specifications and functional requirements for solar energy systems or components and Create plans for solar energy system development, monitoring, and evaluation activities as designed for the specific site
- Ensure that standard operation procedures and quality or safety standards for solar installation work are adhered to.
- Provide support and guidance to the Head Electrical /HVAC to ensure that the organisation follows sound procurement practices based on leading industry practices and life cycle cost analysis.
- Contribute to the development of company policies and procedures oversight to ensure that the company complies with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Provide strategic input to the business to ensure that the business strategy and the supporting functional strategies are well thought through, clearly articulated and regularly monitored.
- Create a high-performance focused culture through personal leadership, teamwork and the development of individual accountability for performance.
- Foster open and positive culture where employee input is encouraged, and differences are resolved constructively.
- Maintain a vigilant approach to risk management, proactively identifying and mitigating potential risks and raising concerns to the executive team as appropriate.
- Ensure the maintenance of appropriate professional ethics, knowledge and standards within the team
- Ensure that the Company’s Health, Safety and Environment policies are always complied with and that Health, Safety and Environment is an integral part of all work practices
- To support the company strategy, establish, develop, protect and promote the company brand, ensuring that the brand values are clearly visible externally and embedded into the company’s DNA internally.
- Maintain oversight of the company’s operational projects, especially in relation to risks, to be fully informed to take the necessary high-level decisions to mitigate risks, deliver profitable projects and secure excellent customer relations.
- Identify and be responsible for potential major risks, highlighting any potential concerns in an appropriate and timely manner. For identified risks, prioritise and ensure that a robust action plan, with monitoring is put in place.
- A bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Electrical Engineering.
- 5 years’ experience working in this field.
- Good understanding of renewable energy(solar)
- Technical capacity, Problem solving/ Analysis skill.
- Communication Proficiency
- Toughness and collaboration skills.
- Project Management skill.
- Intermediate use of Microsoft Office Suite (Including Word, Excel, Teams and Outlook).
2). NOC Center Monitoring Supervisor
The position provides remote support to our clients utilizing on-line technologies, monitoring tools and advanced troubleshooting skills. The NOC supervisor would manage the network operations in accordance with organizational policies and goals, particularly to improve operational efficiency. NOC Supervisor will work alongside the onsite engineers and ensure that issues are resolved or escalated appropriately.
- Remotely assist the technical operations team to ensure compliance on all their site duties.
- Closely monitor performance parameters using the remote monitoring systems and identify trends.
- Document records of planned maintenance operations.
- Escalate issues to the appropriate parties as needed to ensure the most efficient and expedient means to problems resolution.
- Involvement in field work and ‘know your clients’ scheme.
- Serves customers by providing product and service information; resolving product and service problem.
- Resolves product or service problems by clarifying the customer’s complaint; determining the cause of the problem; selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem; expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution.
- Prepares product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Report preparation, correspondence duties with clients and outsourced personnel.
- Additional duties required as needed.
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- Technical certifications (MCITP, SonicWall, Cisco, etc.) are a strong plus; high commitment level to obtaining certifications in a scheduled timeframe.
- Experience with troubleshooting and supporting of various technology environments, over the phone within a helpdesk/NOC environment.
- Must have excellent phone etiquette as well as customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of operating platforms, connectivity, security, email, and information storage.
- Must be strong in both Windows server and desktop operating systems.
- Knowledge of Office 365, Exchange, Active Directory, DNS, Outlook.
- Must understand domains and TCP/IP and working knowledge of SNMP, OSI Model, Syslog is highly preferred.
- Working within an environment under SLA-like conditions is highly preferred.
- Outstanding communication, project management and organizational skills required with case Management/ticketing systems experience.
- They should have prior experience working in a data center, NOC environment. Technical background in networking and engineering.
3). Finance Manager
The Finance Manager is responsible for serving as a team lead in the finance department and managing O2C and P2P operations. Ensuring that customers are correctly billed in line with the terms of their contracts, revenue is accurately/completely recognized and due payments are made with correct applicable tax charged. Financial Records: The holder of this role will be directly involved in preparing, analyzing, and interpreting the financial records of the business. This may be in form of Management Account or Statutory Financial Statements. He/she will also play a significant role in the audit activities in line with the organization internal, and external parties’ requirements.
- Ensure customers are correctly billed in line with the terms of their contracts.
- Ensure revenue is accurately/completely recognized.
- Responsible for revenue assurance functions (i.e., ensure no revenue leakages.
- Maintains customers’ confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Review weekly payment’s schedules by verifying supporting documents for the disbursement’s requests.
- Ensure cash advance retirement are reviewed and approved within 42 hours.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Analyse the accounting records, including financial statements and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness and conformance to standards defined within the department.
- Works with the Financial controller on appropriate fiscal strategies for the organization.
- Develops systems for the maintenance of financial records, making use of current technologies.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information.
- Recommends financial actions by analysing the accounting options.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintains and enforces company’s controls and recommending update to policies and procedures when it is required.
- Guides accounting clerical staff by coordinating their activities.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
- Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
- Perform payroll administration functions (review, postings and other related activities).
- Assist in the budgeting and budgetary process including analysing the result against the plan and providing recommendations for reporting.
- Coordinate the activities of AP and AR teams for month, quarter and year end processes.
- Update the monthly Management Account Reports
- Provide required inputs that will aid the review of the monthly Management Account
- Serve as the finance team lead for the annual audit and related activities
- Perform other assigned functions/responsibilities.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in Accounting and Finance Operations
- Experience within the engineering industry (telecom, power solutions, construction, etc.)
- Qualified Accounting professional from ACCA, ICAN, CIMA and other related finance accreditations
- Good overall knowledge of accounting and administration.
- Audit or Internal Control procedures experience is an added advantage
- Good understanding of IFRS/IAS standards.
Deadline: Sep 30, 2022
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply:
Not seeing our posts on LINKEDIN? Follow our Company Page - Jobnow Nigeria