200 + Employees
Nkafamiya Rescue Mission (NRM)
Nkafamiya Rescue Mission (NRM) is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting vulnerable and underprivileged children and their communities in breaking free from poverty. We work together to generate meaningful, deep-rooted, and long-lasting improvements in the lives of children and young people by actively linking devoted individuals with compelling ideas.
Title: Admin and Logistic Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
- The Administrative and Logistics Assistant plays a crucial role in supporting the Operations Unit to ensure the efficient and cost-effective day-to-day administration of the main office. This role also considers legal and humanitarian requirements when necessary. The assistant is responsible for providing administrative and logistical support to NRM (Natural Resource Management) Programs and will report to the Operations Unit. They are tasked with overseeing office utilities, internal controls, and logistics for visitors and workshops. As a part of the NRM administration team, the Admin and Logistics Assistant manages various administrative tasks, provides support to staff and programs, and contributes to administration team projects. This position reports to the Chief of Operations but also provides support to the NRM management team as needed.
- Coordinate routine and emergency facility maintenance, including repairs, installations, servicing, and cleaning.
- Request and maintain supplies such as light bulbs and cleaning materials for facilities.
- Supervise cleaners and ensure they fulfill their responsibilities effectively.
- Manage office space allocation to facilitate staff movement and ensure staff comfort.
- Ensure that office assets are regularly available, well-maintained, and allocated effectively.
- Maintain the NRM Asset Register and ensure assets are appropriately tagged and branded.
- Conduct routine asset inventory counts at assigned locations (quarterly and annually) and submit inventory reports to the supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with NRM Asset Management Policy by all staff.
- Regularly request office stationery and consumables to prevent stockouts.
- Update inventory records for office stationery and provide monthly reports to the Logistics Officer and Admin Officer.
- Maintain and update the stationery inventory list daily and replenish supplies as needed.
- Minimum of a First Degree in Administration, Management, Business, or equivalent experience OR a combination of education and work experience.
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices is advantageous.
- 1-2 years of progressively responsible experience in administrative work.
- Previous experience working with an INGO (International Non-Governmental Organization) / NNGO (National Non-Governmental Organization) or a development organization is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills and strong written and oral communication abilities.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and work with minimal supervision.
- Strong multitasking skills and the ability to work within deadlines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook (or similar software).
- Good knowledge of administrative systems, practices, policies, and procedures.
- Fluency in English is essential.
- Strong customer service focus and the ability to work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures at all organizational levels.
- Initiative to independently follow through on processing issues and concerns.
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Integrity and a strong team player.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, operational, and coordinating abilities.
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
Deadline: 22nd September, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV along with a Cover Letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Nkafamiya Rescue Mission to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.