200 + Employees
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a fully recognized non-governmental organization with the government of Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Since its founding in October 2016, AHSF has worked to raise the standard of living for those who are most in need in communities in North East Nigeria. The primary focus of AHSF’s program is on identifying gaps that harm the population or make it more vulnerable, then filling those gaps through resource base planning and execution. AHSF operates in both emergency and developmental contexts.
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Lokoja, Kogi
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 3 months
Expected Start Date: ASAP
- Admin Assistant will ensure compliance with local and global AHSF policies and the deployment of global HR initiatives and assist in day-to-day office operations.
- This position will ensure the day-to-day office management and administrative activities and will support program team, including human resources administration, and reporting.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain up to date assets/inventory register and an efficient record/storage of all office supplies and fixed assets.
- Manage filing and archiving of all financial and administrative documents.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment; liaise with landlords on rented properties.
- Support field logistics including staff and consultant travels, training/workshop logistics, hotel reservations, and airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Organize business meetings and workshops as necessary, including engaging speakers, making room arrangements, arranging refreshments, sending invitations, collecting meeting materials, and taking minutes as directed.
- Record and circulate minutes of staff meetings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
- Manage the day-to-day administrative running of the office/Guest house and supervise cook/cleaner.
- Management and reconciliations of all payments related to accommodation/travel bookings including petty cash liquidations.
- Liaise with Supply Chain and support settlement of administrative cost and office utility bills (electricity, water supply, Gas, vehicle hire, consumables etc.) by raising non-POs as at when due.
- Provide any other relevant support to payment processes as maybe required by Supply Chain or Finance (PRs, supporting document etc.).
- Ensure that all facilities are functioning well, including office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions and flag any concern/request to Supply Chain. This includes daily routine checks of lights-out and switching-off of appliances after close of business.
- Manage lease agreement in close coordination with Admin Manager
- Keep proper records of documents in hard copy and in relevant Box (online) folders.
- Be an ambassador of AHSF‘s way as a standard for professional conduct.
- Coordination & Representation: He/she will represent the department in meetings and serves as the focal point for department in Lokoja.
- Prepare all document files for audit and spot check internally and externally.
- Ensure all document relating to filling is complete and ready for request.
- Ensure filling and archiving process safety of both hard copies and soft copies of documents.
- Ensure all HR documents are archived in confidentiality.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply AHSF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles.
- Educational Qualification: University Degree in Management, Human Resources, Administration, or related fields or HND.
- Work Experience: Approximately 2 – 3 years of professional experience in HR, Administration/Office Management.
- The HR and Admin Officer WILL be based in Lokoja.
- Have a sound understanding of Nigerian labour law and be able to confidently apply HR management practices for the benefit of staff and management.
- Must be confident and fully conversant in business English, both written and verbal, and it would be advantageous if for you to be proficient in local languages.
- In addition to the above, you should be educated to Bachelor’s degree level in Human Resources, Industrial and Organisational Psychology, Business Administration and/or experienced in a relevant field to an equivalent level.
- Must demonstrate a good understanding of contemporary management best practices
- Must have excellent research and facilitation skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy.
- Excellent knowledge of computer software – MS Office and Excel especially.
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Be committed to AHSF the ’s mission, values, and policies.
Deadline: 27th June, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
AHSFfully observe the details as follows:
- AHSF has the right to close application before due date if desired candidate has been identified.
- Contact details (name, position, official email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR/Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the Cover Letter.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply.
- AHSF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- AHSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer AHSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The AHSF and AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in AHSF – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, Team work (TAPIT). In accordance with these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse PSEA, Child Safeguarding, Anti Monetary Laundering Policy, Anti-Fraud, Core Humanitarian Sphere Principles, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Albarka Health Spring Foundation is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, AHSF protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of AHSF, all AHSF Intern and Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other state.