200 + Employees
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI)
Development Alternatives Incorporated (DAI) is a global development organization. We have worked on the frontlines of international development for almost 45 years, addressing basic social and economic development issues created by inefficient markets, weak governance, and instability. DAI is currently providing meaningful outcomes in over 80 countries.
Title: Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Full time
- The Administrative Officer position will manage administrative activities in the Kebbi Field Office.
- The Administrative Officer will see to the daily business operations of the office. He/She will be expected to coordinate closely with the Facilities Specialist.
- Manage the Kebbi Field Office administration processes.
- Initiate procurement requisitions and process payment requests on TAMIS.
- Prepare Main Office monthly budgets and initiate on TAMIS.
- Ensure that assets are tagged immediately when they are purchased and inform the Facilities Specialist to update the inventory on TAMIS.
- Manage the motor pool and review Drivers’ logbooks weekly.
- Work with Drivers to ensure that vehicle particulars are renewed before the expiring date.
- Coordinate the inspection and receipt of goo Ensure that project staff needs for office equipment, supplies, and furniture are met in a timely manner.
- Ensure that office appliances and equipment are in good working condition and promptly report required repairs to the Facilities Specialist.
- Ensure that appliances such as air conditioners are serviced as at when due date.
- Develop and maintain an efficient up-to-date stock of items in the s Plan for stock replenishment in a timely manner so no outage is experienced. Otherwise, report imminent stock outage to the Facilities Specialist.
- Other duties of a reasonable nature as assigned by the supervisor or designee.
- The Administrative Officer will report to the Finance and Administrative Specialist Akwa-Ibom.
- The Administrative Officer will supervise the Driver/Logistics Assistant in the Kebbi Field Office.
- Bachelor’s Degrees in Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, or other relevant fields is required. An Advanced Degree is preferred.
- Six (6) years of experience in administration and logistics or related operations role.
- Previous experience working on US Government funded projects is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of US Government operations, policies, and procedures, and FAR regulations is preferred.
- Strong communications and personnel management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in English language, verbal and written, is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to both train and be trained.
- Highly organized and with the ability to multi-task and prioritize as and when needed without sacrificing quality of work performed.
- Knowledge of budgeting and procuring goods and services.
- Good analytical skills with good problem-solving skills & creativity, supported by good writing skills.
- Accuracy with managing and organizing large amounts of data.
- Experience in basic security and operations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, i.e., Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, is highly preferred.
Deadline: 30th September, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online