Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a nonprofit organization focused on research and policy, dedicated to identifying and advocating for impactful solutions to address global poverty challenges. IPA facilitates collaborations between researchers and decision-makers to develop, conduct rigorous evaluations, and refine effective solutions and their practical applications. By prioritizing evidence-based approaches, IPA strives to ensure that the knowledge generated is utilized to enhance the well-being of individuals living in poverty worldwide.
Title: Administrative & Procurement Assistant
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Administrative & Procurement Assistant will support the Operations Coordinator in running the Country Office.
- He/she must be well-organized when performing administrative and procurement duties to ensure compliance to IPA policies and processes.
- He/she also has the crucial task of ensuring that IPA Procurement policies and procedures comply with all IPA and donor regulations.
- He/She must manage and update relevant office files.
- Assist the Operations Coordinator in the running of Nigeria office operations;
- Welcome visitors to the office and manage the IPA office phone;
- Manage office cleaners;
- Support the coordination of logistics for visitors and traveling staff;
- Conduct office tours for new staff, interns, and visitors, and assist with onboarding;
- File documents as directed and required;
- Assist with inventory management and stock-taking as assigned;
- Provide logistical and administrative support to project teams as and when required;
- Monitor the stock of office supplies and stationaries, and purchase additional items as needed;
- Prepare procurement requests for country office purchases and utility bills;
- Support immigrations activities and engage with government officials involved in the process;
- Manage staff calendars ensure important event, information, and activities are updated;
- Handle office repairs and maintenance by seeking necessary approvals and coordinating with service providers;
- Support the implementation of safety and security policies and procedures as directed by the Operations Coordinator; and
- Coordinate logistics for staff meetings, conferences, office lunch and other fun activities; and
- Take and share notes at staff meetings.
- Assist Operations Coordinator in liaison with government authorities including facilitating local registrations, travel permissions, and renewals as may be required e.g. Immigration etc.
- Comply with all relevant IPA policies and procedures concerning safety and security, conflict of interest, and other relevant policies.
- Prepare technical specifications for request for proposal, including terms, conditions and evaluation criteria.
- Work with suppliers to obtain quotations, and direct other IPA staff in obtaining quotations;
- Review quotations and procurement forms with respect to quality, accuracy, suitability, delivery and pricing;
- Prepare and maintain accurate records and documentation on all solicitations, responses, purchases, contracts, correspondence and related follow up;
- Expedite outstanding purchase orders to ensure delivery requirements are met;
- Coordinate and resolve problems with suppliers;
- Ensure that all procurement is in compliance with IPA standard practices;
- Ensure that the vendor database is regularly updated and used in the selection of vendors;
- Prepare and develop bid documents, supplier bid lists to obtain competitive quotations on goods and services; and
- Work with the Operations Coordinator and Country Director to create and continuously improve Procurement systems.
- Ensure inventories are fully accounted for and maintained.
- Ensure the update of the asset register is maintained; manage the tracking system and ensure all assets are issued with unique IPA asset number tags.
- Ensure periodic (quarterly, bi-annual, and annual) asset checks are completed; report any damage and losses immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar position
- Previous experience working with International NGO
- Experience working on donor-funded projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
Deadline: 12th June, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application (Cover letter and CV) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.