The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent, humanitarian, non-profit, non-governmental organisation. We provide assistance, protection and durable solutions to refugees and internally displaced persons worldwide. What is NRC? NRC promotes and protects the rights of refugees and people who have been displaced within their own country.
Title: Area Manager
- The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high-quality and cost-effective programme/project implementation within the designated geographical area. In Nigeria, this position is a key member of the County Management Group (CMG).
- All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Represent the NRC to all appropriate authorities and in all official work in Adamawa State, Nigeria
- Establish a good working environment based on the NRC values
- Coordinate all area level programme and operational activities
- Lead the area grants management (GOM, GR and GEM) with the coordination and technical support of the GM
- Identify, initiate and follow up on advocacy issues at area level in close coordination with the Advocacy Manager and Country Director
- Ensure support functions are managed according to NRC policies
- Ensure legally binding financial contracts and payments at area level are made as per the threshold limit stipulated on the authorization table
- In collaboration with the HSS Manager, ensure that the Security Plan for the area is updated regularly
- Report to the Country Director any violations of NRC’s Personnel policies and Code of Conduct
- Ensure quality documentation of all NRC activities at area level
- Through close monitoring of the context, develop approaches and activities ensuring promotion of the Do No Harm principle
- Minimum 5 years experience in a senior management level position in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical expertise in Protection, Shelter, WASH, or Food Security will be a distinct advantage
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of the context in Nigeria or West Africa (Lake Chad crisis)
- Experience with rapidly growing programmes
What we offer:
- 12-month fixed-term contract, with possibility of extension
- Grade 10 in NRC scale
- An opportunity to match your career to a compelling cause
- A chance to meet and work with people who are the best in their fields
Deadline: Mar 15, 2023.