200 + Employees
Baker Hughes, a GE corporation (NYSE:BHGE), is the world’s first and only integrated oilfield products, services, and digital solutions provider. BHGE leverages the passion and experience of its employees to improve efficiency across the oil and gas value chain, drawing on a rich tradition of invention.
Title: 2024 Early Career Program: LEAD – Field Engineer
Job Requisition ID: R100881
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Employment Type: Full-Time
Duration: 36 Months
- Are you someone who thrives in collaborative teams and enjoys tackling technical challenges? Would you like to work directly with our customers in the field? Join our team of Field Engineers. Our Early Career Program for Field Engineers offers recent graduates an inspiring journey filled with career-shaping experiences. This comprehensive program spans approximately 36 months and immerses you in the world of helping clients optimize energy production and efficiency. Graduates of this program lay the foundations for making significant, innovative contributions to our future.
Partner with Excellence
- As a Field Engineer, you will serve as the primary link between our on-site teams and our clients. Your role will encompass technical prowess and professional leadership, as you guide crews to ensure the proper installation, maintenance, and operation of equipment. By actively contributing to our future through innovation, you’ll also play a pivotal role in delivering reliable, top-tier support to our valued customers.
As part of our Early Career Program as a Field Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Collaborating with crew members to deploy tools and services, which includes liaising with customers and shore-based Operations Managers.
- Engaging in problem-solving at the rig site to address complex technical challenges through hands-on work.
- Preparing, documenting, and managing the inbound and outbound equipment and products, including those to and from well sites.
- Providing support for tendering processes, including data analysis and cost estimations, and participating in invoicing activities.
- Participating in job shadowing opportunities to gain a comprehensive understanding of the business.
Ignite your Passion
To excel in this role, you should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (any field), Mathematics, Chemistry, Geosciences, or a related discipline, obtained within the last 36 months.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or equivalent.
- Demonstrate fluency in both written and spoken English, coupled with excellent communication skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills, with an aptitude for teamwork and the ability to guide others effectively.
- Showcase leadership qualities, critical thinking abilities, numerical skills, and proficiency in data analysis and project management.
- Be legally eligible to work in the country to which you are applying, without requiring company sponsorship or time restrictions.
Through our early careers program, we are committed to providing you with opportunities for growth, personal development, and achievement. You will be part of an international organization, learning and evolving alongside collaborative and inspiring colleagues.
Benefits offered to our Field Engineer program members include:
- Career development training.
- Exposure to senior leaders.
- Participation in highly diverse teams.
- Access to a wide range of career options after completing the program.
Working With Us:
- Our people are the heart of Baker Hughes. We recognize that we thrive when all our team members are nurtured, engaged, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We invest in the well-being and development of our workforce, providing training and recognition to foster talent and grow leaders at all levels.
Working For You:
Our innovations have shaped the energy industry for over a century. To continue progressing tomorrow, we are determined to push boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their contributions. Join us, and you can anticipate:
- Modern work-life balance policies and well-being initiatives.
- Comprehensive private medical care options.
- Safety nets of life insurance and disability programs.
- Tailored financial programs.
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits.
Deadline: 31st October, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online.