The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
Title: Business Support Services Intern
Contract Type: Locally Engaged
Duration: 12 months
- The British Council Nigeria is the UK’s international organization for cultural relations and educational opportunities.
- We work in three strategic business areas: Arts, English, Education and Society. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries.
- We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections, and engendering trust.
- We are looking to recruit a Business Support Service (BSS) Resource Intern based in Kano to join the BSS team.
- The BSS Unit delivers and supports the strategy and operations of the British Council through effective and efficient planning and Management of all support operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
With the support of the Facilities Manager (Kano and Abuja) the intern duties will include:
- Provide support to the security team
- Provide support to the IT team
- Provide support to the administrative team
- Provide support to the Information management team
- Provide support to the Facilities Team.
Profile of Intern
Essential: The ideal candidate should have:
- Maximum of 4 years post-NYSC in any field of study
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Management and Support for the role:
- The intern will report to the Facilities Manager for Abuja, and Kano. S/he will be expected to work closely with other members of staff.
Remuneration and benefits
- The intern will be paid equivalent N130,000 per month
- Health Insurance (HMO) will be provided for interns who are on 6 months or more
- Group Life Insurance will be provided for all interns during throughout the duration of their internship.
Deadline: 8th March, 2023 (23:59 South Africa Time).
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
- This is a short-term intern position; intern roles are not a prelude to longer term employment with the organisation. If opportunities for further paid employment arise, these will be advertised and interns who apply will be considered against the same criteria as other applicants.
- Necessary adjustments will be made for staff with disability where necessary.
- All applicants should have a pre-existing legal status to live and work in country of application. The British Council will not facilitate/sponsor visa applications and work permits.
Disability Confident Employer:
- The British Council holds a badge of recognition and a certificate which qualifies our organisation as a Disability Confident employer. This is one way we are trying to reflect our values and ensure all aspects of our work are open and inclusive for people with disabilities.
- The British Council is committed to promoting inclusion of persons living with disabilities across our operations. We do not have adequate representation in Polio Survivors and People Living with Albinism at the moment and we would like to change this. We strongly welcome applications from suitably qualified candidates who meet the essential criteria.