200 + Employees
Nkafamiya Rescue Mission (NRM)
Nkafamiya Rescue Mission (NRM) is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting vulnerable and underprivileged children and their communities in breaking free from poverty. We work together to generate meaningful, deep-rooted, and long-lasting improvements in the lives of children and young people by actively linking devoted individuals with compelling ideas.
Title: Cash Voucher Assistant
Employment Type: Full Time
- This role is responsible for the implementation of cash transfer activities within the SCI/NRM Cash and other project components in Michika and Madagali of Adamawa state. The objective is to ensure that cash transfers are delivered in a timely and high-quality manner. The incumbent will collaborate closely with the project team in Michika and Madagali, as well as the project manager. The Cash Voucher Assistant (CVA) will also coordinate and collaborate with SCI/NRM staff and provide project progress reports.
- Implement cash activities in collaboration with the Project Manager.
- Assist in sensitizing local government structures, communities, and traditional authorities on targeting criteria and beneficiary identification and registration.
- Work closely with MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability, and Learning) staff to onboard enumerators for household registration.
- Manage pre-paid cards (the mode of cash transfer delivery) and ensure correct loading in coordination with relevant teams.
- Oversee the delivery of regular cash transfers and address any issues that may arise.
- Actively participate in field assessments to identify beneficiaries’ needs and potential business opportunities, ensuring proper documentation and child-specific needs analysis.
- Organize training for cash beneficiaries based on identified needs.
- Implement and monitor all activities at the field level as outlined in the detailed implementation plan.
- Assist in the registration of target families and ensure proper data collection and recording.
- Coordinate activities with local authorities, international community members, other implementing actors, and local partners.
- Compile and submit regular project reports and updates.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree or HND in a relevant field such as Social Policy, Social Science, International Development, Economics, or a related discipline.
- At least 3 years of experience working in Cash & Voucher Assistance in emergency and development settings, covering a wide range of institutional donors and sectors (beyond Food Security & Livelihoods).
- Prior experience in humanitarian response.
- Understanding of Cash & Voucher Assistance in Nigeria.
- Experience with various cash and voucher modalities, including digital, mobile, card, paper vouchers, and cash in envelopes.
- Demonstrable understanding of M&E (Monitoring and Evaluation), beneficiary accountability, and learning.
- Proficiency in designing and implementing programs, including pathways to sustainable impact at scale.
- Experience in promoting quality and impact through cross-cutting areas such as gender equality, inclusion, adaptive and safer programming, child rights, disability, migration, and displacement.
- Experience in supporting humanitarian preparedness, response, and recovery.
- Fluency in English, Hausa, and knowledge of the local language is an added advantage for this position.
Deadline: 22nd September, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV along with a Cover Letter detailing your relevant experience and why you are interested in joining Nkafamiya Rescue Mission to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.