Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
StreSERT Services Limited
StreSERT Services Limited is a professional services company that gives business organizations high-quality, stress-free solutions. In a variety of domains, we provide integrated solutions and business assistance to guarantee that corporate goals are met.
Title: Chief Financial Officer
- As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Financial Officer will report to the GMD and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the company. The job holder will be accountable for fundraising, and the financial and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results. The finance-related activities of the company under the CFO’s direct responsibility will include accounting, finance, forecasting, strategic planning, investor relationships and partnership compliance, and private and institutional financing.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs group wide.
- Develop and implement fund-raising strategies to support the company’s cash flow needs.
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts, and arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds on behalf of the company.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory actions.
- Assist in formulating the company’s future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts
- Develop financial and tax strategies
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic direction
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual
- improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible)
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which financial functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company’s transaction processing systems
- Implement financial operations best practices
- Supervise acquisition due diligence and participate in negotiating acquisitions
- Oversee the issuance of financial information;
- Personally review and approve all financial reports generated and prepared by direct reports;
- Report financial results to the GMD.
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company’s investment risk profile
- Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
- Ensure that the company complies with all finance-related legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the company may enter and report all risk issues to the GMD
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Participate in meetings with the investment stakeholders
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- The candidate should have a Master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience. 10+ years of experience of progressively responsible for the full financial functions of a major company or division of a large corporation, preferably in a construction, real estate, or professional services environment.
- Further leadership experience in the major financial sector (banks or any of the major multinational accounting/auditing firms) is highly desirable.
- The candidate should have experience in raising funds for business, partnering with an executive team, and a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate must have full membership of ICAN and exposure to IFRS (preferably with working knowledge of it).
- Experience in treasury management is highly desirable.
- Preference will be given to candidates with an MBA in Finance and membership of the Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN).
- High level of proficiency with at least two popular professional accounting software packages
- Must be resident in Lagos or willing to relocate at short notice, at personal cost.
- Integrity: being straightforward and honest, which provides the basis of transparency and can be applied to various aspects of the CFO role, such as ensuring information is prepared fairly, honestly, and in accordance with relevant professional standards, regardless of whether it forms the basis of management information or external disclosures.
- Objectivity: not allowing professional or business judgments to be overridden by bias, conflict of interest, or the undue influence of others and taking reasonable care and judgment to maintain objectivity in the CFO’s professional activities.
- Professional competence and due care: maintaining professional knowledge and skills to ensure the organization receives professional and competent service based on the requirements of various aspects of the role. In relation to stewardship, this will involve ensuring the organization complies with all applicable legislative requirements.
- Confidentiality: not disclosing or using confidential information acquired as a result of a professional and business relationship outside the organization without authority or a legal or professional right or duty to disclose.
- Professional behavior and professionalism: not engaging in any action that discredits the accountancy profession and the CFO’s professional reputation. Professional behavior requires compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and professional and ethical standards and being guided by the spirit of those laws and regulations as well as the wording.
- Business Orientation: Delivering business insights requires CFOs to have a good understanding of the external and internal business environment, including the complexities and challenges faced by various organizational functions as well as by the organization as a whole.
- Business Performance Insight: In strategic performance management, CFOs need to ensure that the F&A function supports strategic and operational functions and the delivery of business objectives and provide greater visibility and understanding of performance
Deadline: Jul 20, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified applicants should forward CVs to [email protected] using AAFM-2023 as subject