Domeo Resources International (DRI) is a prolific organization that proffers HR and Management Consultancy solutions premised on excellence and innovation. DRI analyses various organizational problems, develops improvement plans, deploys those plans, and monitors the plans to ensure improved organizational performance.
Title: Civil Engineer Intern
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Project Engineer
- The main function of the Civil Engineer is to assist in the management and execution of assigned projects from design, construction, commissioning, and handover, while ensuring delivery in accordance with project specifications, schedule, and budget.
- Assist the Project Engineer to prepare, schedule, coordinate and monitor the assigned engineering projects
- Monitor compliance to applicable codes, practices, QA/QC policies, performance standards and specifications
- Collaborate with QA/QC to implement quality standards to all site related works like reinforcement, formwork erection, and concreting.
- To collaborate with HSE to ensure HSE guidelines are properly and correctly implemented in sites
- Collaborate with Surveyor to establish a proper level for excavation, improvement, blinding, and reinforced concrete levels.
- Support to create a work breakdown structure for daily work schedule, based on management agreed on methodology for each site work.
- Mobilize the site daily on time and give the toolbox talk.
- Organize field work and assign technicians and staff specialists to tasks. To ensure all necessary material and machinery is available for the day work.
- Support in providing a timely work schedule for the specific project plan.
- Understand and implement project specifications effectively. Follow design consultants’ drawings and integrate them into the project.
- Support in executing whole project in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Interact daily with the clients to interpret their needs and requirements and represent them in the field
- Assist in performing overall quality control of the work (budget, schedule, plans, personnel’s performance) and report regularly on project status
- Support in developing construction specifications and procedures
- Evaluate and recommend appropriate building and construction materials
- Communicate with all projects related personnel (internal or external) on day-to-day progress of activities, procurement, and operations to ensure timely completion of the project.
- Cooperate and communicate effectively with project manager and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support
- Support in the review of engineering deliverables and initiate appropriate corrective actions
- Maintain project schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities, and resolving problems
- Support in determining project schedule by studying project plan and specifications, calculating time requirements, and sequencing project elements.
- Plan all manpower, material, and machinery deployment as required by the project site.
- Prepare the Daily Progress Report and provide the same to the project Engineer at close of work.
- Keep all doors of communication to the site staff, contractors, superiors and clients always open.
- Collaborate with HSE Officer to ensure Health, Environmental and Safety aspects are considered in all stages of project implementation.
- Prepare a proper schedule for each contractor to ensure project timelines.
- Inspect the contractor’s manpower, material and machinery for proper workability and safety.
- Ensure proper quality of the contractor’s work and efficient resource utilization.
- Issue timely work orders and notices to contractors as per required contractual guidelines.
- Maintain the site in a proper manner to highlight the brand of the company.
- Always keep all site personnel under check and all equipment in proper presentable condition to ensure no adverse impact to the name of the company.
- Maintain Product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Be aware of all projects ponderable to foresee any risk that may affect the project lifecycle. Report and take corrective action to mitigate the risks.
Experience / Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree(B.Tech or B.Eng) in Civil Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 1 year cognate experience as a Project Engineer in a Construction Firm.
Competencies / Skills:
- Requirement analysis
- Excellent knowledge of design and visualisations software such as AutoCAD/CAM
- SolidWorks + MATLAB
- Advanced MS Office skills
- Documentation skills
- Familiarity with rules, regulations, best practices and performance standards
- Ability to work with multiple discipline projects
- Decision making ability and leadership skills
- Current engineer license
- Time management and organization skills
Behavioural Qualities / Other Competences:
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team with minimal or no supervision
Deadline: 17th March, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using “Civil Engineer Intern” as the subject of the mail
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.