The Confederation of African Football (CAF) was founded in 1957 by four nations: Egypt, Sudan, Ethiopia and South Africa. As the administrative body of the region, CAF manages competitions, offers technical and administrative training courses while actively fostering the promotion and practice of football. The Confederation organizes championships such as the Africa Cup of Nations (CAN or AFCON), the most popular competition. It maintains very close links with FIFA in coordinating tournaments for different events such as the World Cup, Youth and Women competitions and the Olympic Games Football Tournaments.
Title: Club Licensing Online Platform (CLOP) Officer
Location: Cairo, Egypt (CAF Headquarters)
- Support the Managers and Head of Department with all aspects of the CAF Club Licensing system and Stadium Licensing on the CLOP and contribute to the department’s programme and activities.
- Provide administrative support to the Department.
- Help CAF member associations and clubs to implement the CLOP.
- Help in organizing and running club licensing and CLOP education activities.
- Compile and update the club licensing, stadiums, leagues, and clubs’ database and historical statistics on CLOP.
- Manage CLOP messenger, reporting and analysis tools.
- Manage the CLOP, assist in the preparation and implementation of the CLOP and provide 1st level support and assistance to all the platform users.
- Act as the focal point for CLOP technical and support related matters.
- Provide technical support and training on CLOP to users.
- Create technical documentation such as manuals and procedure books for CLOP.
- Coordinate with the system provider on CLOP related matters and issues.
- Develop and maintain backup plans to ensure that CLOP data is safe from loss or damage.
- Monitor CLOP system perfomance and workflow, maintain licences and upgrade schedules.
- Gather and register Coaches license copies for the Clubs participating in CAF Interclub competitions.
- Set up and manage the Spectators and Coaches approval process for all CAF Competitions on CAF CMS.
- Handle general administrative and organisational tasks of the department, manage Department calendars and meetings, office administration (including the scheduling of meetings and preparation of relevant documentation).
- Assist in the organization, scheduling and coordination of the Department activities, such as courses, seminars, workshops and virtual meetings: planning, correspondence and the activity itself.
- Keep track and record of documents submitted by the Member Associations and Clubs related to club licensing, coaching licenses, stadiums, and other Department projects.
- Assist with managing the department mailbox and prioritizing for action / info / follow-up while ensuring information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Implement and maintain office operations/administrative systems and procedures.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as instructed by direct line managers.
- Contribute to any project run by the Technical Football Division.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science, or equivalent is a must.
- Proven experience as IT Systems coordinator or similar role.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair issues.
- Fluent in English and/or French language both written and spoken is a must; command of any other CAF language (English, French & Arabic) language is an advantage.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and other modern IT tools.
- Experience in IT systems management and help desk support is appreciated.
- Some level of understanding of Club Licensing workflow and procedures.
- Interest in football is an added advantage.
- Knowledge on Competition Management Systems (CMS) operation.
- An interesting and varied job in an exciting and innovative international organization.
- Attractive employment conditions.
- The opportunity to be part of a highly committed international team.
- Quality social security coverage.
- An excellent pension schemes.
Deadline: 31st March, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Applications in English (Motivation Letter, CV, Diplomas, and Reference Letters) to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
Click here for more information
- Only direct applications who meet all the required criteria will receive consideration
- Only qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to gender, race, age, skin colour, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, or on any other grounds.