Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
SIAO – We provide one-on-one business coaching, business culture counseling, foreign markets training, coaching for all personnel and management, and general market advise. Good Assistance We can work with you to locate investors, create investor documents, and present to the investors.
Title: Compliance Officer
- We are looking for a Legal and Compliance Officer to ensure that our operations and business transactions are in line with all relevant laws and statutory regulations, as well as internal policies. The candidate must be someone who is also experienced in providing support to Boards as Company Secretary and is familiar with Regulatory Bodies.
- To succeed in this role, you should be an upright and reliable professional who is familiar with various laws as they apply to various industries, and possess sharp business acumen as well.
- Develop and implement an effective legal and compliance program.
- Develop and revise company policies.
- Proactively audit processes, procedures, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses, and provide recommendations therein.
- Advise companies on compliance with laws and regulations through detailed reports.
- Evaluate business activities (e.g. investments) to assess compliance risk.
- Collaborate with external auditors where required.
- Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation.
- Educate and conduct training on laws, regulations, and industry practices.
- Address concerns or questions on legal compliance.
- Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals.
- Manage Board activities as Company Secretary.
- Bachelor’s degree in law
- A Master’s degree in law and/ or relevant professional certification (e.g ICSAN) would be an added advantage.
- 3 – 5 years of proven experience in a compliance officer role.
- Good knowledge of legal requirements, procedures, and controls.
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards.
- Good command of English and brilliant oral and written communication skills.
- Integrity and professional ethics.
- Business acumen.
- Great team player.
- Highly analytical with a strong ability to pay attention to detail
Deadline: Not specified
How to Apply: Only qualified candidates should apply to [email protected]