Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Desicon Engineering Limited
Desicon Engineering Limited has been an indigenous industry leader for over 40 years, offering innovative Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) solutions to our clients. We are defined by our knowledge, technological innovation, and cooperation. We want to leverage these assets to provide instrumentation maintenance and construction, procurement, and consulting services to the Nigerian energy sector. We are an ISO (9001:2008) accredited organization that is committed to always improving our procedures in order to surpass our clients’ expectations.
Title: Contracts Administrator
- Ensure meticulous administration of project contracts, adhering to established procedures.
- Oversee post-award contract management, encompassing contractual correspondence, claims processing, amendments, and file maintenance.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to negotiate contract terms.
- Manage day-to-day administration of client accounts and contracts.
- Facilitate coordination between departments for consistent cost reporting and contractual compliance.
- Maintain communication with Legal, Tax, Customs, Insurance, Procurement, Engineering, Pipelines, and Construction teams.
- Monitor contractor reports and address any discrepancies.
- Review and resolve Variations of Requirements (VORs) or claims, seeking necessary approvals.
- Prepare contractual and commercial correspondence and maintain records.
- Provide guidance on interpreting and implementing project contract terms and conditions.
- Maintain auditable contract records.
- Contribute to project budgets and cost forecasting.
- Offer contractual insights for project risk assessments.
- Ensure contractual closure of designated contracts.
- Drive continuous improvement in the contracting process.
- Adhere to professional and ethical standards while recording all decisions and commitments.
- Participate in risk workshops as needed.
- Establish and maintain contract reporting systems and provide accurate reports to project management.
- Disseminate information on contract status, compliance, and modifications.
- Manage day-to-day contract administration.
- Act as a liaison between the company and clients/vendors.
- Educate project teams on contract terms and monitor compliance.
- Assist in achieving contractual compliance for processes and procedures.
- Manage and conduct audits and contract reviews.
- Provide timely support and guidance, including negotiations.
- Handle various compliance aspects, such as insurances and bank guarantees.
- Safeguard the company from unnecessary contract liabilities, damages, and penalties.
- Conduct critical reviews of different agreement types.
- Review specific contract terms (e.g., limitation of liability, indemnity, warranty).
- Offer support to other departments as required.
- Assist with special projects assigned by department leadership.
- Prepare and support changes, claims, and settlements.
- Review Monthly Progress Reports and Weekly Progress Reports.
- Monitor and help resolve outstanding project correspondence issues.
- Report to department leadership as per procedure or leader’s instructions.
- Be prepared to work and stay at project sites.
- Be flexible to travel to different locations as needed.
- Undertake tasks assigned by department leadership or project management.
- Train junior contract administrators to work independently.
- Be willing to work on public holidays, weekends, or extra hours as needed to meet project deadlines.
- Ensure contracts comply with applicable laws and regulations, and oversee contract preparation and revisions involving goods and services.
Deadline: 30th September, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.