Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
AmorServ is a leading provider of project management, IT staffing, and onsite IT support services. In order to guarantee that our clients’ technology is accessible when they need it, we also offer deployment and break/fix services to them around-the-clock.
Title: Cost Estimator Intern
Employment Type: Internship
- We are looking to hire a cost estimator intern to provide expert cost analysis services for our clients.
- In this role, you will be required to consult with clients and visit job sites, collect and analyze data, and provide accurate estimates of project costs including labor, production time, and materials.
- To ensure success as a cost estimator, you should have in-depth knowledge of construction and mechanical processes, a good eye for detail, and advanced mathematical skills. A top-class cost estimator can see the big picture of a project and accurately estimate all costs involved.
What You will be Doing
- Assist in reviewing proposal specifications, and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to help determine the scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Assist in reviewing historical data from purchase orders, subcontracts, productivity analysis reports, etc. into unit and person-hour figures.
- Support estimating team by helping to prepare discipline estimates by calculating the complete takeoff of the scope of work.
- Assist in calculating material quantity requirements from engineering drawing dimensions.
- Consult with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Assist with design review options and recommends the best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Partner with estimating team to prepare and conduct project hand-off meetings between the pursuit team and the project management team.
- Research and recommend vendors and subcontractors for designated scopes of work to achieve pursuit and cost goals.
- Maintain knowledge of the Company’s values and strategic plan.
- Support published corporate policies.
- Perform additional assignments per management’s direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or a similar field.
- Proven work experience as a cost estimator.
- Knowledge of construction and engineering processes.
- High-level mathematical skills.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Proficient with computer estimation software.
- Good project management skills.
N50,000 – N70,000 Monthly.
Deadline: 22nd June, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their updated Resumes to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.