200 + Employees
Lafarge Africa Plc
Lafarge Africa Plc, a cement manufacturing company based in Lagos and listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, is primarily owned and managed by the Holcim Group.Read more about this company.
Title: Drilling Operator, Ewekoro
- The Drilling Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of drilling equipment and related machinery. They must ensure that the drilling operations are conducted in accordance with all safety regulations, and that the drilling process is conducted in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Receive instructions for drilling parameters (weight on bit, rotary table rpm, pressures and pump outputs) as well as other work procedures (type and expected life of bit, mud characteristics, bore control etc.), and ensure their correct application. Whenever deemed necessary, within the specified limits, change the drilling parameters to improve the drilling progress;
- Receive handover for the previous shift and verify the status of operations and equipment before beginning his shift;
- Check and set up the equipment necessary for the assigned shift, i.e. drill pipes and other tubular material, x-over, etc;
- Operate the drawwork during drilling activities and complex manoeuvres;
- Assist rig down/rig up operations by coordinating and controlling;
- Ensure that all reporting routines are followed and that all equipment related paperwork are carried out within his area of responsibility. Specifically he/she must:
- Fill up a daily drilling report for the activities performed during his/her shift describing the work carried out and the equipment utilized
- Update the pipe tally book and draft dimensioned drawings of the equipment run in the well;
- Ensure that all orders and instructions received verbally or in writing are fully understood and adhered to;
- Be safety conscious in all his/her work and use compulsory protective equipment;
- Responsible for safe working conditions on the drill floor at all times;
- Ensure that his subordinates use compulsory protective equipment;
- Be familiar with all relevant work and safety procedures issued by Company and Operator;
- Apply and ensure the correct application of prescribed safety standards and regulations, and take part in emergency drills and safety meetings;
- Issue Safe Job Analysis before start-up of non-routine operation or job and ensure completion of risk assessments where required;
- Instruct all personnel assigned to him for assistance of their duties and responsibilities and of any special safety precaution to be taken prior to start-up of any work;
- Carry out BOP and pit level drill etc. in accordance with regulations laid down by Government Authorities or Operating Company;
- Promptly report all accidents, near-miss accidents and non-conformance through the proper channels;
- Intervene promptly and opportunely in emergencies, at the same time notifying the superior in charge;
- Ensure that good housekeeping is maintained on the drill floor;
- At least 2 years experience on land / offshore drilling Rigs.
- Safety and Communication skills.
- Proficient and confident with Microsoft office: Word, Excel, Access, Power point etc.,
- Must have a valid wellcap Supervisor level certificate
- Other drilling related certificates
- Top drive experience
- Fluent in English language.
Deadline: Not specified
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.