Okra – Our mission is to digitize financial services. We are building the tools and services that will enable developers launch, optimize, & scale financial platforms and services. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without an Open Finance infrastructure. Essentially, the growth of the African Fintech industry is intrinsically tied to the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
Title: Engineering Manager – Core Services
- It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data.
- We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our Engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
- You’ll be the person helping us achieve this vision. Your focus will be to grow our Core Services team, and partner with our product managers and engineers to build and maintain our core services.
- This is a mission-critical component of our infrastructure. You’ll work closely with the Head of Engineering and our CEO/CTO to build an organisational structure and processes that scale as we continue to grow.
The successful candidate will:
- Recruit, grow, and enable an incredible team of driven engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership and impact.
- Fostering a collaborative culture that embodies our principles and empowers users.
- Mentoring and developing your team of engineers; supporting their goal setting and career growth.
- Delivering world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to “make it better”.
- Working with other engineer managers and functional leads to set direction for your team, the engineering team, and Okra as a whole.
- Crafting a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs.
What you’ll need:
- Experience leading teams of 5 – 10 engineers.
- Significant experience as a software engineer.
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and code when needed.
- Enterprise level MERN stack experience.
- Passion for cultivating highly functioning teams and organizations.
- A record of levelling up your reports and providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for growth.
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to headcount planning.
- Experience building teams during a hyper-growth phase is a huge plus.
- Experience leading remote and distributed teams.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
Jobs by WhatJobs