Harvesters International Christian Centre is a church based organization whose mission is to change lives and raise leaders.
Title: Entry-Level Accountant
Location: Mainland, Lagos
Job type: Full-time
About the job
- We are looking for an ambitious entry level Accountant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
- You will be part of a team of professionals working to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances.
- Preparing financial statements and reporting are a large part of the junior accountant’s day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail.
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
- This way, it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
Requirements and skills
- Candidates should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required.
- 1 – 2 years of Proven experience as an accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant computer software (e.g. SAP).
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
Jobs by WhatJobs