200 + Employees
Solidarités International (SI) is an international humanitarian non-governmental organisation (NGO) that has been assisting populations afflicted by armed wars and natural catastrophes for over 40 years by satisfying their basic requirements for food, water and shelter. SI's initiatives, which are particularly focused on the fight against diseases caused by unsafe water, the world's leading cause of death, provide knowledge in the fields of access to drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion, as well as the critical areas of food security and livelihoods. SI's teams, which include 2000 expatriates, native personnel, permanent staff at headquarters, and a few volunteers, operate with professionalism and passion while respecting cultures.
Solidarités International (SI) is an international humanitarian non-governmental organisation (NGO) that has been assisting populations afflicted by armed wars and natural catastrophes for over 40 years by satisfying their basic requirements for food, water and shelter. SI’s initiatives, which are particularly focused on the fight against diseases caused by unsafe water, the world’s leading cause of death, provide knowledge in the fields of access to drinking water, sanitation, and hygiene promotion, as well as the critical areas of food security and livelihoods. SI’s teams, which include 2000 expatriates, native personnel, permanent staff at headquarters, and a few volunteers, operate with professionalism and passion while respecting cultures.
Title: Field Coordinator Assistant
Location: Monguno, Borno
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Field Coordinator Assistant assists the Field Coordinator in his/her representation, program coordination, strategy preparation and programming for Solidarités International in his/her intervention zone, coordination with other humanitarian participants, team management and security and humanitarian monitoring.
- These tasks entail strict confidentiality on the part of the Assistant Field Coordinator. It is strictly prohibited for the Field Coordinator Assistant to disclose information concerning Solidarités International and its activities without prior authorization from the Field Coordinator.
- In addition, the Field Coordinator Assistant participates in the specification of security measures to be undertaken at the base level in collaboration with the Field Coordinator, as well as their post-validation circulation.
- Collect information within the Field Coordinator’s domain of responsibility by attending security briefings with – or in place of – the Field Coordinator
- Carry out security checks for the clearance of team departures out into the field.
- Analyze information and inform the Field Coordinator
- Make the weekly security pack and send it to the Field Coordinator
- Establish informal ties and a network of contacts enabling the collection and verification of diverse information.
- Maintain an updated list of security contacts in the zone.
- Coordinate the weekly security briefing.
- Run the contextual and security briefing for new expatriates, in conjunction with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, represent Solidarités International during humanitarian and security coordination meetings.
- Ensure that Solidarités International’s message is conveyed during meetings in accordance with its mandate and programs.
- Regularly visit Solidarités International’s intervention sites.
- Communicate between the local and/or international NGOs in accordance with the partitioning of contacts decided with the Field Coordinator
- Under delegation of the Field Coordinator, attend meetings under his/her direct responsibility.
- Participate in the drafting of Solidarités International’s intervention strategy in the zone (especially via annual programming) and suggest program orientations in liaison with the Field Coordinator and the base other departments. To this end, the Field Coordinator Assistant is responsible, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator, for humanitarian monitoring in his/her intervention zone so as to anticipate as early as possible the pertinent needs to be addressed within Solidarités International’s mandate.
- Monitor the activities in the programs implemented in his/her intervention zone by comparing the evaluation, intervention and monitoring reports.
- Draft minutes for the Field Coordinator for each meeting he/she attends.
- Draft the weekly situation report for the context/security section.
- Compile the weekly situation report and send it each Monday afternoon to the Field Coordinator
- In the absence of the Field Coordinator, coordinate the weekly base meeting.
- Draft the minutes for base meetings.
- Present the security context at the beginning of all weekly base meetings.
- Professional experience: 2 Years experience as Field Coordinator Assistant or a Similar Role. Experience working with SI is an advantage.
- Education: B.Sc. B.Sc. in Law/Public Administration or Similar Background
- Languages: English (compulsory) and Hausa or Kanuri.
- Technical Competences: Good analytical skills, writing and speaking, good knowledge of security protocol and procedure, demonstrable experience in managing staff safety and security.
- IT skills: Good knowledge of MS Office Word, PowerPoint and Advanced Excel
- Personal qualities: rigorous, organized, able to manage important workload, good learning capacity, initiative and autonomy, good communication, reactive, team spirit, good written and analysis capacities, resistance to stress, hardworking and flexible, demonstrable ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
What we offer
- Salary + food & housing contribution + social benefits (medical coverage, 24 days of Annual leaves per year, compassionate leaves, public holidays as announced by government, festive bonus, Life insurance – covering death and permanent disability) etc.
Deadline: 19th February, 2024.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
- Please submit your application by clicking on the above link, select Field Coordinator Assistant, fill in the form and attach your CV and motivation letter.
- The CV attached must be names with your first name and surname.
- Indigenes of Monguno are strongly encouraged to apply!