Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Demyhealth Clinic and Genomic Medicine (DCGM)
Demyhealth Clinic and Genomic Medicine (DCGM) is the leading Genomic medicine services provider in Nigeria, working in collaboration with a UK-based ISO accredited bioscience laboratory to deliver over 5000 tests in Nigeria, including tests that are not presently offered by any lab in Nigeria. We specialise in in vitro diagnostics, but through our subsidiary firm GTL, we also serve life science sectors such as pharmaceutical, veterinary, and food and beverage.
Title: Molecular Scientist (Intern)
Employment Type: Full-time
- We are interested in training young, passionate and future driven persons in the theories, techniques and applications of molecular biology for the period of 3 months.
- Learn central dogma of molecular biology, Molecular genetics, developmental biology, cell biology structural biology and Genomic medicine
- Learn how to design molecular laboratory experiments, oversee their execution, and interpret results.
- Maintain accurate laboratory records and data.
- Conduct research on cell organization and function, including mechanisms of gene expression.
- Learn laboratory procedures following laid down protocols and biosafety in line with ISO including deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing, cloning and extraction, ribonucleic acid (RNA) purification, or gel electrophoresis.
- Learn to prepare reports, manuscripts, and presentations.
- Monitor or operate specialized equipment such as Automated nucleic acid extractors, Next Generation Sequencing Platform, capillary electrophoresis unit, thermocyclers and Real-time PCRs.
- Learn about laboratory develop assays vs commercial assays.
- Coordinate molecular or cellular research activities with scientists specializing in other fields.
- Evaluate new technologies to enhance or complement current research.
- Verify that physical, and human resources assigned to research or development projects are used as planned.
- Note: Listed responsibilities are essential but not exhaustive of the usual duty associated with the position, which may include other duties the company may consider relevant to your training.
- Bachelor’s Degrees or M.Sc in related fields
- 0 – 2 years relevant work experience.
- General knowledge of molecular diagnostics and life science research methods will be an advantage.
- Strong critical thinking and evaluative skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage research projects.
- Applicants must reside in Abuja.
- Our employees enjoy a work culture that promotes diversity and inclusion
- Other benefits include but not limited to 100% health care coverage, free and direct access to Cross Knowledge e-learning platform.
- Women at ACF are entitled to benefits such as maternity leave, compassionate leave for a hospitalized child and creche facilities for babies and toddlers.
Deadline: 5th December, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.