Mid sized business
51 to 100 Employees
Stockgap Fuels Limited
Stockgap Fuels Limited is a significant participant in Nigeria’s downstream oil and gas industry. Stockgap is dedicated to meeting Nigeria’s rising need for energy by granting access to it. The company’s present activities include the bulk storage and distribution of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG), often known as cooking gas, and refined petroleum products (PMS, AGO, and DPK). The firm has established a solid reputation in the downstream oil and gas industry thanks to its cutting-edge storage port at Port-Harcourt.
Title: Head, Health, Safety, and Environment
- To develop, implement, monitor, and review the company’s HSE management system, with the goal of achieving work activities without incident, harm to personnel or damage to property or the environment.
- Delivering and maintaining a positive Health and Safety culture company-wide and liaising with the management team, relating to all aspects of Health and Safety performance, ensuring continuous improvement on safety standards, systems, and procedures, implementing legislative compliance and best practices.
- Provides insights, information and Support to and advises Management on the Health Safety Environment implications of corporate strategy options and planned imperatives.
- Be an ambassador for HSE and promote “out of the box” thinking which enables solutions to problems to be identified and implemented effectively throughout the group.
- Ensures, in accordance with the Corporate guidelines, the implementation, updating, review and auditing of the Company HSE Systems.
- Acts as a Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management.
- Assists the Departments in their dealings with clients in all issues concerned with Health and Safety at work.
- Provides technical support to Senior Management on any safety-related subjects.
- Carries out any in-house safety training.
- Advises management on the cost-effectiveness of safety programs
- Preparation of Health and Safety documentation for new tenders.
- Liaises with heads of divisions and departments to drive adoption and compliance with HSE standards, policies and procedures
- Performs safety risk assessment and remediation plans as required.
- Monitors the effective implementation of appropriate Safety and Environment System procedures and provide for their updating in line with changes in Legislation and Company Directives.
- Leverage on senior-level expertise across the group to provide cost-effective technical guidance and strengthen technical competency.
- Oversight of organizations HSE expenses and budget.
- Ensure on time and accurate reporting of weekly and monthly HSE performance.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Build and lead an effective and cohesive operations team.
- Conducts safety audits both internal and external.
- Develop and monitor HSE annual plan to ensure the implementation
- Takes part in accident/incident investigation.
- Provides safety support and advice, including supervision on preparation of plans and procedures for initial contract start-up activities.
- Oversees the assessment of HSE needs and related equipment acquisition.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science / Engineering or equivalent.
- Additional professional qualifications in HSE and Fire & Safety Management Systems.
- IOSH membership or similar association
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD)
- Competency certification in Lead Auditor OHSAS 18001 or relevant certification
- Minimum of 10 years experience in HSE, of which 7 years should be in a supervisory in the oil and gas industry preferably midstream and downstream.
- Experience creating and managing a budget including resource allocation and priority setting.
Essential Competencies and Skills:
- Knowledge of legal health and safety guidelines
- Knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Excellent organizational and motivational skills
- Attention to detail and observation ability
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to compile and present reports
Deadline: 12th July, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: [email protected] using the Position as the subject of the email.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.