1 to 50 Employees
TAC Professional Services
TAC Professional Services – The TAC Group is a comprehensive professional service and business consulting organization that offers customers in a variety of economic sectors audit and assurance services, tax advice, forensic accounting, business consulting, and financial advisory services. The company is primarily guided by good business and professional concepts that are designed to deliver value-added services through highly qualified and experienced personnel. The basic principles of TAC are professionalism, high ethical standards, honesty, teamwork, and customer satisfaction. TAC has a team of highly skilled and experienced experts whose fields span accounting, economics, business, and finance. The company is dedicated to making sure that its employees are honored and properly compensated.
Title: Head, Internal Control and Audit
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- Manage the Internal Audit Unit and coordinate the internal audit activities and its subsidiary companies through a risk-based Internal Audit Plan
- Ensure that the Internal Audit function provides an independent assessment of the adequacy of CBP’s internal control system, including the systems for appropriate identification and evaluation of risk and for ensuring compliance with all applicable law and regulation
- Draw any weakness or shortcoming noted to the attention of Management and recommend process improvement measures
- Perform follow-up audit ensuring management progress actions within the agreed time scales and to escalate failure to progress actions as the Head of Internal Audit deems appropriate
- Perform ad hoc investigations and reviews at the request of the Audit Committee or Management
- As a member of any relevant committees to which the post holder may be appointed during the year, to be familiar with the Terms of Reference and responsibilities, and to participate by attendance, reporting and challenge at meetings, and accept collegiate responsibility for decisions made
- Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations/trends, and appropriate audit direction/methodology. Discuss updates of new regulations with CEO and MDs’ of the subsidiary companies and relevant departments/directors.
- Conduct periodic training workshops to promote awareness of internal controls and discuss changes in policies that will impact the organization.
- Participate in various committees or task forces geared to policy/procedure development and operational improvements.
- Promote the highest standards of ethics and standards across the organization based on the principles of integrity, objectivity, competence, and confidentiality.
- Review the adequacy of key corporate arrangements including such as risk strategy, risk register, anti-fraud and corruption strategy, corporate plan.
- Review significant partnership arrangements and major services provided by third parties and the controls in place to promote and protect the company’s interests. Assess whether lines of responsibility and assurance are clear.
- Prepare and present accurate internal audit reports for consideration of the Audit Committee and the Board.
- Provide leadership to the department staff and supervise and manage their performance and development in line with the Organization’s goals, objectives, policies, and regulations. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Develop a departmental annual work plan and financial budget and monitor their implementation in line with the Business plan.
- Oversee the maintenance of a good internal control environment within the Group Company and its subsidiary companies
- Preparation and execution of the Group’s Internal audit annual plan to ensure that all units are properly covered within the plan;
- Conduct follow-up exercises on all outstanding audit issues raised during the execution of the annual plan.
- Training of audit team members to enhance their functional competence and other Company staff on fraud awareness and other risks that could lead to loss of corporate assets
- Work with the Management and the Board Audit Committee to promote compliance with policies and regulations by infusing various regulatory requirements into internal policies used within the Group.
- University Degree in Statistics, Marketing, Finance, Economics or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 years experience as Head of Internal Audit & Control in a Financial Service Institution.
- The candidate must be vast in Capital and Money Markets operations, Financial Accounting, and Internal Control monitoring;
- Professional membership of ICAN or ACCA.
- Registration as a sponsored individual with the Securities and Exchange Commission is an added advantage.
N2,000,000 – N5,000,000 Monthly.
Deadline: 23rd June, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letters to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.