200 + Employees
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)
Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a fully recognized non-governmental organization with the government of Nigeria under the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613). Since its founding in October 2016, AHSF has worked to raise the standard of living for those who are most in need in communities in North East Nigeria. The primary focus of AHSF’s program is on identifying gaps that harm the population or make it more vulnerable, then filling those gaps through resource base planning and execution. AHSF operates in both emergency and developmental contexts.
Title: Human Resources (HR) and Administrative Officer
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 7 Months.
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Project Implementation (Sokoto)
- Implement Targeted Supplementary Feeding Program (TSFP) in partnership with the World Food Programmme WFP funded project to prevent acute malnutrition among children MAM 24-59-month-old and Pregnant and Lactating Women PLW for host community populations in Rabah, Issa, Illela LGA of Sokoto State.
- The project will implement different kind of activities to ensure, to prevent acute malnutrition among children 6 – 59-month-old and PLW, for host community populations in Illela, Isa and Rabah by the end of the December 2023:
- To treat Moderate Acute Malnutrition amongst children 6-59 months and Pregnant and Lactating Women – PLWs
- Preventing the nutrition status of vulnerable groups from further deteriorating
- To strengthened government systems to deliver quality comprehensive management of acute malnutrition -MAM
- To strengthened community structures to take ownership and facilitate delivery of community-nutrition activities.
- The HR Officer is responsible for the employee life cycle management of staff in the Nigeria office.
- The HR Officer will work in close collaboration with the global HR team ensuring compliance with local and global HR policies and the deployment of global HR initiatives and assist in day-to-day office operations.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Adhering to all AHSF policies in force, promoting their applications and ensuring compliance with local labour law as well as with AHSF HR internal processes
- Acting as the primary point of contact for HR matters and handle HR related queries from staff to resolution or escalation as necessary.
- Responsibility for all HR and Admin related communications to the office, under the supervision of the Head of Operations.
- Working closely with the global HR team to keep track of new positions, contributing actively in planning the recruitment cycle of such new requirements and implementing them.
- Liaising with the global HR team to ensure offer letters and contracts are prepared and issued in a timely manner
- Responsibility for planning and ensuring systematic induction for all new staff ensuring that induction plans are signed off and filed in the staff personal file.
- Monitoring probation periods and reviews and ensure outcomes are communicated formally.
- Helping to draft employment letter and contract addendum under global HR team guidance and supervision
- Responsibility for the day-to-day delivery of all aspects of the country HR Administration local processes
- Tracking attendance, leave, eligibility and balances of all staff ensuring records are kept updated as per organizational requirements
- Working with the Head of Operations and global HR team members to support projects within the organization e.g the Staff Engagement Survey / development of the HR system, etc.
- Ensure that all new staff receive a relevant and appropriate induction when commencing employment with AHSF.
- Innovate and maintain interesting onboarding experience for newly recruited staff.
- Take lead in the coordination of all refresher trainings and Human Resource SOP’s roll out workshops.
- Coordinate, create and share onboarding schedules and materials.
- Ensure all departmental managers conduct or assign team members for onboarding process as scheduled.
- Ensure no onboarding process exceeds 1 week after start date.
- Maintain up-to-date assets/inventory register and an efficient record/storage of all office supplies and fixed assets.
- Manage filing and archiving of all financial and administrative documents.
- Manage rental agreements for offices and housing.
- Assure that all facilities are well functioning, including housekeeping, office supplies, electricity, maintenance and repair, internet and other communications functions in the field office.
- Assure proper use and functionality of office equipment; liaise with landlords on rented properties.
- Supervise cleaners and cooks.
- Support field logistics including staff and consultant travels, training/workshop logistics, hotel reservations, and airport and hotel pick-ups.
- Organize business meetings and workshops as necessary, including engaging speakers, making room arrangements, arranging refreshments, sending invitations, collecting meeting materials, and taking minutes as directed.
- Record and circulate minutes of staff meetings.
- Ensure weekly briefings and update with all team members once a week.
- Discuss security update and rules with team.
- Ensure appraisals are conducted periodically.
- Ensure dissemination of information to team members.
- Team building; ensuring each team member is carried along on the job and build individuals capacity.
Training and Development:
- Evaluates the effectiveness of the organizations training programs and recommends areas of improvement.
- Source in-house and external training opportunities as appropriate, working within budgetary and operational constraints.
- Support Line Managers to identify training needs for all staff and review training needs; modifies or improves existing programs or develops new training programs to meet those needs.
- Follow up on the training received by the staff and ensure coaching support is provided to those lagging.
- Take lead in ensuring annual and objective performance appraisals for all staff.
- Coordinates and assigns mandatory training across the organization.
- Creates and/or administers post-training evaluations, tests, and assessments.
Assignments and Talent Acquisition:
- Participate in the recruitment of community-based staff including the issuance of vacancy notices and arranging for required tests and interviews, and preparation of submissions for the review by the Assignments Committee (AC).
- Assist in organizing outreach campaigns to attract diverse applicants.
- Advice to staff and contribution to an inclusive work environment.
- Build dialog and outreach with the workforce; answer questions, and provide information to staff as to where to go for help or ask questions.
- Track and report on recruitment and assignments activities.
- Advise staff members and affiliate workforce on their rights, obligations, benefits and entitlements.
- Be proactive in identifying issues, themes and patterns affecting the workforces health and welfare, including sexual harassment and abuse of authority.
- Assist in the provision of on-boarding, induction, re-integration into the workplace and off-boarding to colleagues.
- Assistance in implementation of HR initiatives that support organizational culture change such as good people management practices, and promoting gender, inclusion and diversity.
- Prepare all document files for audit and spot check internally and externally.
- Ensure all document relating to filling is complete and ready for request.
- Ensure filling and archiving process safety of both hard copies and soft copies of documents.
- Ensure all HR documents are archived in confidentiality.
Budget and Staff Management:
- Ensure proper review and resolving of all staff grievance and complaints
- Take lead in the issue of all staff welfare and adequate duty of AHSF.
- Ensure all HR cost is adequately charged to the right budget.
- Contribute monthly to the reporting monthly activity reportsand meetings.
- Follow up with the Safeguarding focal points for ensuring the capacity building of the staff on the safeguarding measures and reporting lines.
- Treat beneficiaries with dignity and apply the AHSF Code of Ethics and Conduct, the UN Convention for the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW) and the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) in the field, including sensitizing Field Staffs and vendors/agents on such principles.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications and work experience.
Deadline: 27th June, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
Important Information and Notice
AHSF fully observe the details as follow:
- Cover Letter and an CV should be submitted.
- AHSF has the right to close application before due date if desired candidate has been identified.
- Contact details (name, position, official email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional references must be provided, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer including that of the HR / Admin person. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Only motivated applicants who are able to perform the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications will be considered. CV’s – only applications will not be considered.
- The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the Cover Letter.
- CVs will be reviewed on rolling bases
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview.
- AHSF considers all applicants based on merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- AHSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer AHSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The AHSF and AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in AHSF – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, Team work (TAPIT). In accordance with these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
- AHSF reserves the right to transfer position as per need/project demand any time during the project.
- Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per the situation;
- AHSF reserves the right to close the application before deadline if the required number of candidates is attainedRolling basis review of applications.
- Candidates will be responsible for his/her own travel, accommodation and feeding during the recruitment process;
- Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract.
- Albarka Health Spring Foundation is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, AHSF protected characteristics.
- As part of their adherence to the values of AHSF, all AHSF Intern and Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age, language, social origin or other state.