200 + Employees
Greenlight Planet is a multinational, for-profit company specializing in the design, distribution, and financing of solar-powered home energy products. Our primary focus is on serving the underserved population, specifically the 1.3 billion global consumers who lack access to the traditional electrical grid or find it economically unfeasible. We aim to provide affordable and sustainable energy solutions to these communities through our innovative solar-powered products.
Title: I.T Associate
Job Type: Full Time
The Team You Would Join
- The Sun King IT team provides technical supports to all wings of the business globally which has been growing consistently over the last 5 years at remarkable scale with a increasing employee base.
About the Role
- We are looking for someone who is driven, passionate and excited about the opportunity to bring affordable, energy to homes in Africa and Asia. If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
What you would be expected to do:
- Provide technical support in the use of personal computer hardware, software, and specialized mainframe technology or operate a multi- platform, complex computer environment or monitor the production scheduling, execution, and successful completion of production jobs;
- Set up and configure desktop computers, peripherals and accounts assigning security level, Install software and repair hardware and peripherals;
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintenance for computer equipment (e.g. microcomputers, disk drives, and laser printers) test personal computers and peripherals on a network to diagnose, hardware versus software problems and escalate corrective procedures to other technical resources as appropriate;
- Perform routine security checks on the system; Install repairs and remove wire and cable lines.
- Troubleshoot and resolve the issues with the helpdesk people, troubleshoot internet connection on the laptops and Monitor the internet with SIP.
- Configure laptop with forgotten password (Format and install software’s and printer) and update Windows.
- Configure new machines i3 and i5. (install MS Office, skype, adobe reader, flash player, java, update windows defender and create a restore point) Diagnose the printer on the scanning part.
- Prepare monthly IT report as per pre-determined parameters
- Undertaking IT projects as instructed by the IT management
You might be a strong candidate if you:
- Are a graduate of Computer Science, Information Technology, or Business Information Technology.
- Have 2 years’ experience out of which at least 6 months in Customer Service environment
- Have good knowledge of the following products, platforms and areas of expertise:
- Microsoft Windows Server Platforms (2003, 2008, 2012); Cisco Switches and Routers and wireless devices; Microsoft 32/64-bit Window Platforms (Windows 7/8/10); Office applications’/IP Networking, DNS, DHCP, VPN, WAN; Remote Access and Network Security, Microsoft SQL Server
- Have Excellent reasoning skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Possess the ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary Ability to set goals for team members.
- Ability to work on Linux environment especially Centos.
What We Offer
- An opportunity to grow as a professional in a dynamic, fast growing, high impact industry;
- The chance to work in an open minded, collaborative culture surrounded by enthusiastic Greenlighters who are driven by the challenge of continuously innovating and growing a smart, sustainable business with profound impact on the world;
- A truly multicultural experience: you will have the chance to work with and learn from people from different geographies, nationalities, and backgrounds.
- Structured, tailored learning and development programs that help you become a better leader, manager, and professional through the Greenlight Academy.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online