Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
HR-EX Consulting works with small firms who need HR expert advice and services at a low cost. In practise, we work as an outsourced HR department, providing professional HR services to small firms at a fraction of the expense of hiring a full-time employee.
Title: Intern Optometrist
Location: Surulere, Lagos
Employment Type: Internship
- As an Optometrist you will be expected use to your skills to provide high-quality vision care to our patients.
- You will also be responsible for conducting eye examinations, prescribing corrective lenses, and determining patients’ visual alertness.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform thorough routine eye inspections including visual acuity measurement, refractions, Eye pressure measurement and so on
- Identify patient’s visual alertness, field of vision, and hand-eye coordination.
- Diagnose sight problems, such as nearsightedness and color blindness.
- Promote eye health by teaching patients about proper eye care techniques.
- Prescribe corrective lenses and medications
- Contact lens fitting and Focimeter use
- Take detailed medical histories for all patients, including current and past prescription medications
- Provide pre- and postoperative care to patients undergoing eye surgery—for example, examining a patient’s eyes the day after surgery
- Clearly document diagnosis and treatment plan, including referrals, therapeutic prescriptions and long-term medical management, in patients’ charts
- Maintain communication with Nurses and support staff in order to optimize quality clinical care and service
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Doctor of Optometry (O.D.) Degree
- 0 – 1 year work experience.
- Current license to operate
- Demonstrates leadership qualities
- Able to work under stressful situations
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Participate in the implementation of patient education, clinical support and community outreach programs
- Must be able to evaluate the results of a variety of diagnostic tests and decide on the best course of treatment for a patient
- Must be able to clearly explain eye care instructions to their patients, as well as answer patients’ questions.
- Customer service oriented with excellent analytical and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of eye-related disorders, conditions, and treatment
- Flexible, team player, and critical thinker.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.