200 + Employees
Emerging Markets Telecommunication Services Ltd (9mobile)
9mobile is a privately held Nigerian company operating as a limited liability company. In 2007, EMTS (Etisalat Nigeria) obtained a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission. This license empowers EMTS to offer a comprehensive range of telecommunications services, including fixed telephony (both wired and wireless), digital mobile services, international gateway services, and national/regional long-distance services. Furthermore, EMTS has been granted spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
1). Manager, Circuit Switch Core
Job ID: IRC5125
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
- Assist in the design, planning, and optimisation of circuit switching components of EMTS’s core network, systems, and platforms.
- Provide input in translating EMTS business plan and subscriber growth assumptions into requirements for the core network circuit switching system.
- Review the unit/ team’s activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Direct the timely provisioning of the circuit switching network capacity for all the GSM elements, features, protocols etc.
- Provide useful inputs in defining the locations for circuit switches and other network elements
- Design, plan and dimension circuit switching network elements to ensure optimal use and deployment of resources
- Define and direct the requirement for capacity planning and management of services on the Prepaid and IntelligentNetwork.
- Perform technical investigations into areas related to circuit switching network design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE).
- Coordinate the unit’s activities and ensure compliance with the organisation’s operating policies, controls and procedures.
- Manage inter-functional relations toensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to team members and manage subordinate’s performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Perform any other duties or responsibilities assigned by Head, Core and VAS
- First Degree from a recognised University
- Six (6) to Eight (8) years’ workexperience with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role
- Business Application Knowledge
- Telecommunications technology fundamentalsTelecommunications & Mobile NetworkStandards & Specifications
- Problem Solving
- Passion for Excellence
- Empowering people
- Growing people
- Team work
- Customer Focus
Application Closing Date
2). Manager, Commercial Roaming Operations & Partnerships
Job ID: IRC5126
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
- End-to-end management of 9mobile’s Commercial Roaming Operations and Partnerships towards ensuring a seamless roaming experience for 9mobile’s customers and to ensure that the roaming business is profitable to the organisation.
- Plan, negotiate, and launch of new strategic roaming relationships in line with business priorities.
- Develop strategies and initiatives to grow 9mobile’s inbound and outbound international roaming business such as Preferential Roaming Agreements (PRAs), and DIOTs, which give 9mobile a competitive edge in major travel destinations.
- Manage existing partnerships to ensure a seamless customer experience while roaming.
- Work with the products team to develop value propositions and periodic tactical interventions to grow the roaming customer base.
- Manage relationships with roaming support/ancillary service providers to minimize downtimes whilst optimizing service costs to 9mobile.
- Conduct monthly in-depth analysis of 9mobile’sglobal roaming offering to ensure overall profitability to the business.
- Deploy appropriate tools and techniques to mitigate fraud and to proactively identify and block leakages within the roaming ecosystem.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Overall stakeholder management to minimize dispute and to ensure business continuity and growth.
- First Degree or its equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience of which 3 must have been with a mobile telecom operator.
- Prior experience in wholesale and carrier business and/or knowledge of the roaming environment is desirable.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Good business acumen.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should use the links below to apply: