Sightsavers is an international organisation that changes lives for the long term. We work in more than 30 countries to eliminate avoidable blindness and support people with visual impairments to live independently. We do what we do because 80 per cent of blindness in the world is avoidable, and we think that’s astoundingly unfair.
1). Country Fundraiser
Purpose of role as Country Fundraiser
- This role will suit an individual with an exceptional track record in securing funds within the international development sector or other relevant sector. The team are looking for a highly skilled, influential and tenacious professional with a proven track record in successfully securing long term funding at Country level. If you understand the development sector, have experience working with corporates and high net worth individuals and can tailor your approach according to your audience then this opportunity is yours.
About the role of Country Fundraiser
Key accountabilities, not limited to:
- Bid Development: working alongside internal teams to develop and deliver high quality bids targeting new donors and HNWI’s to support the Nigeria Foundation funding strategy.
- Strategic relationship building: Maintaining internal and external relationships critical to fundraising activities to achieve objectives. Converting identified organisations and high value individuals to supporters/donors. Networking across our thematic areas to further build relations with INGO’s and key stakeholders.
- Individual Giving: Identifying, developing and managing a portfolio of new and existing donors. Taking responsibility for delivery of agreed targets.
- Strategy and Planning: Growing the portfolio to engage new prospects through development and implementation of operational plans that support our fundraising strategies.
- Contract management and reporting: Managing the contracts and grants for agreed Sightsavers’ projects; reporting to the Country Director and Board of Sightsavers’ Nigeria Foundation on income, KPI’s, prospecting, account planning. Maintaining legal and compliance obligations for partners.
- Market understanding: developing and maintaining a broad knowledge and understanding of the corporate social responsibility agenda of corporate organisations/partners in Nigeria towards advising the Country Office on potential areas of collaboration and fundraising.
Knowledge, skills and experience for Country Fundraiser
- Proven track record of successful robust fundraising experience in Nigeria managing corporations and high level relationships
- Experienced working at senior level externally to develop high value relationships with prospective supporters/clients while maintaining relationships with existing supporters/clients
- Depth of experience of fundraising from corporate/foundation fundraising; major individual donors
- Significant experience working at senior level in a fundraising, marketing or sales capacity
- Previous experience within international development in a similar role ideal
- History of meeting or exceeding financial targets and soliciting gifts from donors, prospects and business in a commercial setting
- Knowledge of the principles of major donor, corporate and foundation fundraising
- Significant experience of successful face-to-face donor / customer contact, building long term relationships
- Extensive experience and knowledge of good fundraising practice and relevant legal issues or equivalent from a commercial setting.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Available to travel across Nigeria for up to 12 weeks annually
2). Social Media Community Manager
About the role
- This is an exciting opportunity for a social media professional who has experience of using paid and organic social media to grow audiences and deliver engaging social media campaigns for a professional brand or organisation.
- You’ll be passionate about using social media to make the world a more inclusive place and may be looking for the opportunity to develop your creative and strategic social media skills.
Key duties of the Social Media Community Manager role will include:
- Developing and leading on the delivery of Sightsavers’ Global Social Media Approach on assigned channels
- Protecting and enhancing Sightsavers’ reputation globally, responding quickly and effectively to potential reputational risks
- Ensuring channel output is on-brand with a strong emphasis on accessibility and inclusion.
Content production and social media strategy
- Managing the production of social media posts
- Use audience insights to offer evidence-based solutions to communications problems and proactively contributing to communications campaign planning
- Developing, implementing and evaluating social media strategy to communicate one of Sightsavers’ thematic areas of work (eye health, neglected tropical diseases and disability inclusion)
- Identifying opportunities to engage new supporters online
Social Media Community Manager Jobholder Requirements
- Proven track record of creative development and delivery of social media project or campaign management experience within a professional organisation
- Excellent storytelling ability
- Project management and content production skills, including photo and video editing tools (such as Adobe Photoshop/Premiere Pro or similar)
- Experience in using social media to grow, steward and convert an engaged supporter or customer base
- Knowledge of national and international social media
- Experience working with stakeholders to deliver strategic, audience-led social media communications
- Ability to use learnings from social media monitoring and analysis to continually optimise social media content
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Fundamentals of fundraising and campaigning within the INGO/wider charity sector
- Experience in using social media internationally to grow a global audience base
- Experience setting an agile social media strategy
3). Finance Intern
- The Intern will assist in a wide range of tasks including the development and documentation of the project plans.
Key duties will include:
- Assist in documentation, filling and archiving of documents (programme, monitoring and financial reports) in appropriate storage filling methods.
- Assist in innovative implementation of activities for programme delivery and achievement of organizational objectives.
- Arranging and coordinating programme meetings and activities, also ensure reports are written and submitted within the expected timeframe.
- Assist in periodic verification of physical assets procured for projects.
- Assist in gathering/photocopying of supporting documentations for payment vouchers and coding and filling of payment vouchers in arch file accordingly.
- Assist in tracking and following up on all outstanding advances to ensure timely retirement of project team.
- Support the team in the logistics for activity preparation and travels.
- Carry out any other duty assigned by the Compliance and Risk Manager.
This is an ideal opportunity to gain skills within a Finance role and within an INGO.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- One year of National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- Possess relevant work experience, or a degree/education in Accounting, Finance, or similar.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to understand project budgets, forecasts, and reports.
- An understanding of and commitment to equality of opportunity for disabled people.
Deadline: Mar 23, 2023.
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply: