51 to 100 Employees
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was commenced operations in 1996 as a joint venture between Nigerian investors and Moody International Group. The company has been operating since March 1997, and it has expanded since then. It now actively participates in several oil and gas projects around Nigeria.
1). Senior Technical Writer
Job Type: Contract
Job Nature: Standard
Job Purpose / Objective
- To develop operating procedures, work instructions, manuals and method statements with the main goal to communicate complex, technical information more easily in a user-friendly manner, in order to achieve safe and faultless completion, commissioning and startup of the LNG Train 7 Project scope.
- Plan, develop, organize, write and edit high-quality operational procedures and manuals using the design data and Vendor information in a clear and concise manner to ensure safe and efficient activities execution.
- Coordinate team’s effort in the development and review of the Commissioning and Start-up Procedure by the Operations team.
- Develop and document technical design specifications and test scripts. Produce electronic documentation in addition to hard copy manuals and maintain a comprehensive library of technical terminology and documentation.
- Produce how-to, tutorials, user guides, and knowledge base content, to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Gather and analyze technical and product information from various sources to update existing documents to reflect new or changing equipment functionality.
- Write, format, edit, review, and proof procedural and technical information for technical and nontechnical users
- Assist in planning, scheduling, and tracking documentation work to meet product release dates and Contractual deliverables. Maintain an up to date and accessible data base of approved/relevant manuals, procedures, work instructions etc. for the completion, commissioning and start up of Train 7 project scope.
- Work with internal project teams and EPC CONTRACTOR to ensure an in-depth understanding of the documentation requirements and produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended users
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality Assurance, HSSE, Project Management, and other groups to plan, write, and revise printed and online documentation, including general overviews, tutorials, installation/configuration instructions, training class materials, and documentation
- Prepare, review, revise, and maintain technical documents, including software and systems engineering, system operations, testing, and user documentation
- Play an active role in maintaining a safety culture in the performance of Technical Writing duties and adhere to all applicable site / project safety procedures
- Developing and field verifying all commissioning procedures and checklists
- Supporting regulatory compliance standards ensuring required documentation is completed
- Participating in Pre-Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) process
- Supporting execution of leak testing, line cleaning and N2 purging as per the Commissioning and Start-up execution plan
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or other Engineering / Science discipline Degree.
- Minimum of 20 years oil & gas plant operations experience preferably in the LNG industry with at least 7 years at supervisory level as a Technical Writer or similar role in a complex LNG Plant Project
- Experience working with P&IDs, Isometrics, and Control Drawings for LNG Plant design, construction, commissioning and start up
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation
- Strong experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process
- Experience in providing CSU related design input and working in an EPC or a plant environment considered an advantage
- Working experience on part of, or the entire, ORP Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line Oil and Gas production operations is desirable
- Experience with Management of Change process, Operations Integrity / Process Safety Management processes
- Experience with MS Office and SAP would be an asset Skills and Knowledge.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and experience working with content in multiple mediums.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- A positive attitude, willing to jump in and tackle new challenges.
- Ability to translate highly technical information into easily understandable information for users
- Creative skills and usage of photographs, drawings, diagrams, animation, and charts that increase users’ understanding
- Ability to deliver high quality documentation paying attention to detail
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and make them easily understandable in text and pictures
- Able to write in explanatory and procedural styles for multiple audiences
- Skilled at prioritization and multi-tasking
- Team player
- Good time-management skills
- Strong team lead, willing to overcome differences and collaborate with multiple disciplines
- Ability to work effectively in a multidiscipline, multi-national, multi-cultural, multi – work center team environment where the overall success of the project is paramount.
- Ability to understand complex processes and strive to develop and implement continuous improvement and creative process enhancements
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2023.
2). Trainer – Technical
Job Type: Contract
Job Nature: Standard
- Develop, maintain and implement a comprehensive Operations Technical Competence and Development and Assurance curriculum across the entire hierarchy of Operations department based on the A&P scheme to ensure that operations staff can be progressed based on learnt and experience- based competencies commensurate with their responsibilities.
- Coordinate with the HRL team to deliver Modules trainings for the new Operators and Technicians, covering the design, process description, control and safeguarding narratives of Train 7 Plant project scope and existing facilities, to enhance personnel competence in the execution of their day to activities
- Retrieve relevant information from manuals, design information, and vendor documentation to provide the needed Training materials and deliver fit for purpose the training as per schedule
- Work with the EPC Contractor and third-party Vendors to deliver the plan Training as per approved plan and schedule. Monitor and record training effectiveness and progress.
- Implement a refresher program based on the A&P scheme and on contemporary developments and lessons learnt in the plant and in industry, to refresh and maintain the professional competencies of senior operations personnel including shift operations leadership.
- Supervise competency-based progression through the Assessment and Progression (A&P) Schemes for Operators to ensure clear understanding of the daily routine/non-routine operation/commissioning and start-up of the plant to meet minimum staff competence required to operate the plant.
- Develop and train all plant Operators to become competent in Gas testing and liquefaction as Authorized Gas Safety Tester (AGST) and to be proficient in the process equipment preparation under the permit to work system.
- Develop and coordinate computer-based training and toolbox talks presentations as part of the management of change (MOC) process, learning from incidents (LFI), and any other improvement initiatives on plant assets for all Operators to meet the situation awareness philosophy.
- Perform Competence Assurance testing on Panel and Field Operators on the use of monitoring and control tools to adequately respond to process upsets and emergencies in order to avoid production losses.
- Develop and implement specific training packages (ESP, AMS) for all Operations teams in line with the Operations Reliability tools and proactive monitoring techniques in the field and console to mitigate errors due to human factors.
- Review and assess the performance of the A&P Schemes to fully encompass technical and operational changes from LFI, MOC against Competency Framework Profiles. Support
- Education: HND or University Degree in Engineering / Science discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years experience in LNG Plant Operations, Commissioning and Start up with at least 5 years experience at senior level.
- 5-year experience as a Trainer/Job Instructor.
- Experience in providing CSU related design input and working in an EPC or a plant environment considered an advantage.
- Working experience on part of, or the entire, ORP Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line Oil and Gas production operations is desirable.
- Experience with Management of Change process, Operations Integrity / Process Safety Management processes.
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2023.
3). Operations Shift Supervisor
Job Type: Contract
Job Nature: Standard
- Coordinate the Shift teams in the daily commissioning and start up activities to ensure that safe working conditions are maintained at all times and work progress are maintained as per project schedule.
- Coordinate the team in the regular walk down of process/utility lines, installation, tie-in etc. to ensure that plant is built as per design, to the right quality and to ensure operability.
- Act as a signatory (at Shift Supervisor/AGSI (Authorized Gas Safety Inspector) level) to the Commissioning and Start up Permit to Work (PTW) system, authorize Permit to Work (PTW) to the Maintenance/Contractors team for effective control, authorization and safe work execution. Oversight of CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) Permit to Work (PTW) system and signatory for high-risk permits and activities (major energizations, large equipment testing, high pressure testing, etc.)
- Work with the Contractor/Vendor personnel and coordinate the close involvement and oversight on the plant completion, integrity checks and commissioning activities to ensure flawless and safe execution.
- Coordinate project execution/tie-in in the Brownfield environment to ensure that plant projects are implemented as per design, properly commissioned with as built document draft available in the shift without any information gap within the shift with regard to the new change.
- Assist in the development of the commissioning, start up and shutdown plans and their execution as assigned by the Commissioning Shift Superintendent for effectiveness in plan implementation
- Develop and review operations/commissioning, start up and shutdown procedures for Project scope, capturing lessons learnt and to enable continuous improvement in performance.
- Primary signatory for completions and P2A (Project to Asset) activities (handover of Care Custody and Control for systems & areas, post start-up operations testing)
- Responsible for managing testing of major equipment through CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) shift resources, vendors, and contactor resources (i.e. test run of GT, main compressors, large pumps, first fills, etc.)
- Responsible for early start-up and operation of utilities to support further CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) activities (i.e. start-up of IA compressors, nitrogen units, water units, etc.
- HND or Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or other Engineering / Science discipline.
- Minimum of 15 years working experience in LNG Plant Operations with at least 10 years’ experience in Plant
- Operations as Principal Operator or at Supervisory Level.
- Experience with Commissioning and Startup of company’s facility is considered a qualifying advantage
- Experience in providing CSU (Commissioning & Start-Up) related design input and working in an EPC (Engineering, Procurement, And Construction) or a plant environment considered an advantage
- Working experience on part of, or the entire, ORP (Operations Reference Plan) Project life cycle (from conceptual design through to final commissioning and handover) and/or in the front-line Oil and Gas production operations is desirable
- Experience with Management of Change process, Operations Integrity / Process Safety Management Processes
- Lead HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environment) Risk Management
- Permit to Work Supervisory AGST (Authorized Gas Safety Tester) certification
- Strong supervisory/leadership skill of leading multi-discipline teams
- Proven record on safe production and / or commissioning and start-up particularly in company’s Train process /utility areas
- Strong team player, willing to overcome differences and collaborate with multiple disciplines.
- Has proven hands on coaching skills
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
Other Job Requirements:
- Develop and review commissioning and start up procedures using existing procedures as a guide to capture plant changes and improvements.
- Emergency Response Competency as First Intervention Team (FIT) leader in the assigned area.
- Staff Development by coaching, mentoring,
- Support the SSI (Shift Superintendent) in the implementation of Emergency Response Plan and Procedure on shift
Deadline: 15th July, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should use the links below to apply: