200 + Employees
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC)
Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) emerged on November 1st, 2013, taking over as Nigeria’s largest power distribution network following the privatization of the defunct Power Holding Company of Nigeria (PHCN) to NEDC/KEPCO Consortium. With a firm commitment to redefine customer experience and become the preferred energy provider wherever power is consumed, Ikeja Electric (IE) has embarked on a mission to deliver exceptional services and cater to the evolving needs of its customers under the auspices of the Federal Government of Nigeria’s privatization scheme.
1). Tax Planning & Management Supervisor
About the Job
- The position is responsible for assisting the Head, Management Reporting & Tariffs in tax related activities, supervising the compliance, planning, and reporting of taxes.
- Analyse the tax aspects of any agreements made by the company with third parties and advise managers accordingly.
- Co-ordinate different accounting units to ensure proper accounting and reconciliation of taxes.
- Manage tax provision and tax compliance process.
- Filing of all monthly and Annual tax returns including CIT, WHT, VAT, Transfer Pricing, PAYE, etc.
- Work with Treasury to ensure all taxes are paid as at when due.
- Abreast of all tax laws, updates and policies as they affect Ikeja Electric, its Stakeholders and Employees.
- Prepare and send MIS report on the status of all tax related compliance.
- Carry out any other duty as requested by Head Management accounting, tariffs, Rates and Regulations or Head of Department.
- This role requires a First Degree or its equivalent Diploma qualification in Finance & Accounts
- Requires between 3 – 5 years relevant work experience with advanced/ extensive knowledge and mastery of relevant theories, principles and complex techniques gained through broad experience or special development
- Excellent knowledge of tax accounting, tax compliance and all types of tax returns
- Knowledge and Experiences in accounting.
- Have strong and flexible mentoring skills
- Possess Risk Management skill.
- Ability to organize and analyse financial information.
- Good computer skills
- Ability to present a professional business image to customers, employees and vendors.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task effectively
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Flexible to learn.
- Good written & spoken English communication skills.
- Problem Solving & Decision Making.
- Innovative Thinking.
Your Personal Attributes:
- Intrinsically motivated;
- Results – oriented and pragmatic with exceptional problem solving and decision making skills;
- Emotionally intelligent and team player with an international outlook
- Excellent and precise communication & presentation skills;
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders
- Ability to deliver results with low levels of supervision;
- Strong interpersonal skills, time management and planning skills
- Strong demonstrated use of Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Passion for customer service.
Application Closing Date
2). Internal Control Officer
Job type: Full-time
- Implement the requirements of the internal control framework, charter, and manual relating to the assigned coverage areas
- Comply fully with the internal control manual and process requirements.
- Contribute to the development and regular updating of the internal control manual.
- Contribute to the development of the internal control monitoring and enforcement processes and procedures that guide the operation of the internal control system.
- Routinely confirm compliance with policies, processes, procedures and other controls within the area of coverage and provide exception reports on a regular basis.
- Follow up to ensure that the observed or escalated exceptions are regularized within reasonable timeframe.
- Ensure that deliberate noncompliance with key policies, processes, procedures or other controls is escalated in appropriate format for disciplinary action.
- Through routine reviews, identify process, policy and procedural gaps in the areas of overage and make appropriate recommendations to strengthen the system.
- Carry out special reviews directed by Management within the stipulated timeline.
- Provide regular and appropriate reports to Management on the control monitoring activities in the coverage area.
- Conduct assigned ad hoc investigations into incidents, complaints, and procedural breaches and provide high quality report within the stipulated timeframe.
- Comply with Quality Management System/Operational Health & System requirements including objectives and applicable regulations relating to assigned jobs.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks and any other duties assigned by the Head of Internal Control or the Management.
Application Closing Date
3). Facility Officer
Job type: Full-time
- Responsible for coordinating construction and maintenance activities by providing support for facility supervisors.
- Responsible for producing as-built drawings for all our office locations
- The facility officer will provide professional input on new projects and apply architectural knowledge in construction and related projects
- Produce 2D and 3D designs using specialist computer-aided design (CAD) applications for new undertaking offices to assist facility supervisors in renovation costing
- Prepare and present designs, specifications, estimated costs, and proposed construction schedules for all assigned renovation projects
- Creates detailed plans integrating engineering, electrical, and HVAC considerations and present for statutory sign-off and approvals
- Liaise with government agencies for statutory approval for all renovation and new construction projects
- Make on-site visits to check on project status and report on project progress
- Assist in organizing and maintaining project files, ensuring that all relevant information is properly recorded and accessible
- Assist in construction administration by reviewing shop drawings, responding to requests for information (RFIs), and conducting site inspections to ensure that the construction aligns with the design intent and specifications.
- Co-ordinate all premises work, and engage necessary service providers, to execute planned preventive and responsive maintenance
- Responsible for project planning and management of building renovation work at the Head Office/Business Units and other IE Locations, overseeing building projects, renovations, improvements, or refurbishment.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should use the links below to apply: