Management Sciences For Health – MSH, a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
1). Driver III-1
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drive project staff to activities and meeting within and outside of Abuja.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records relating to individual vehicle use.
- Ensure all aspects of vehicle policy are being followed and enforced during your assignments.
- Inspect vehicle prior to travel to assure all fluids, tires, wipers, belts etc are in good working order.
- Signal any sign of need for maintenance or other problem with the vehicle to the transport and logistic associate.
- Keep vehicle health log updated.
- Ensure the security of the vehicle when outside of the office.
- Ensure the safety of all passengers.
- Submit all expense reports in a timely manner to accounting, properly completed.
- Ensure that appropriate staff members are aware of and understand laws, contract/award and donor requirements, and MSH policies and procedures
- Monitor and ensure compliance.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only.
- The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
Required Minimum Education:
- High school degree. University degree preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- 5 years of related work experience with International organizations in Nigeria.
- Sound judgment, non-aggressive driving style and good communication skills.
- Valid Driving License
Knowledge and Skills:
- Good knowledge of standard driving practices
- Good driving record.
- Ability to travel to other states if required.
- Mental programs for interpreting and responding to events automatically; and motivations which activate and direct safe behaviour and anticipate problems.
- Ability to organize and complete manual and routine tasks as assigned.
- Ability to perform at an acceptable level of control skill.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and active listening skills.
- Fluency in English and dominant language of Nigeria.
2). Human Resources Associate
- The Human Resources Associate in collaboration with the HR Lead and project staff will perform a variety of HR functions, including talent acquisition and management, policies and regulations and general Human Resources Operations/Administration.
- The successful candidate is aware of, adheres to MSH’s Procurement Integrity (PI) standards in all activities, and is responsible for raising the awareness of staff regarding PI regulations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- In collaboration with the HR Specialist II and Project team, be actively involved in talent acquisition process for fulltime staff and contingent workers.
- Perform all required reference, background checks, CSI Verification and documentation for new hires
- Maintain employee database both hardcopies and on the MDrive system. Administer paperwork for all local employee changes in status.
- Ensure the efficient administration of staff insurance coverage with the insurer for new employees and for the removal of terminated employees.
- In collaboration with the HR team, provide required policy trainings to all project team members, hiring managers to ensure that MSH standards and USAID regulations are adhered.
- Provide PPRD information to supervisors and staff on how to complete related forms. Ensure plans and reviews are complete in a timely manner.
- Coordinate orientation process for new employees and exit process.
- Support the development and implementation of HR initiatives to improve employee team cohesion.
- Act as an Admin contact during and after consultant engagement and process consultant payment in a timely manner
- Proactively update HR Specialist II on staff issues and feedback.
- Ensure that strong internal control systems are in place, MSH Code of Conduct and MSH’s Zero Tolerance practice are well understood by all staff in country and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award requirements in compliance with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Ensure that systems are in place in country to ensure that operations are managed and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with MSH policies and standard operating procedures.
- Participates within the larger Global HR team to share ideas, develop standard best people practices, and implement best practices across MSH Programs.
- The responsibilities and duties are indicative only. The responsibilities and duties are subject to change to meet the needs of the project, the organization and the donor.
- Supervisory Responsibility: N/A
- Reports Directly To: HR Specialist II
- Works Directly With: HR Specialist II, Director Finance and Administration. All Hiring Managers, MSH operation and finance team, technical/program team.
Required Minimum Education
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 3 years of related experience in human resources management or related discipline.
Required Minimum Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ related and progressive experience in HR functions as an HR generalist.
- Experience working with USAID funded organizations will be preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle confidential matters discreetly and gain the trust and confidence of stakeholders; Internal and external.
- Competencies to assess priorities, manage a variety of complex activities simultaneously in a time-sensitive environment, and meet competing deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact professionally with diverse staff, clients, and consultants
- Team working skills and the ability to collaborate well with others.
- Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel, and demonstrated skills in record keeping.
- Proven ability to successfully participate on teams in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of local labor law
Knowledge and Skills
- Creativity and Innovation
- Strong written and oral presentation skills in English
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and to prioritize
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong ethics and reliability
- Relationship-building skills
- Good team work qualities
- Good Microsoft office suites.
Deadline: Not specified.
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply: