Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers.
1). Lead, Market Regulation
- To interface with the Telecoms Regulator and other relevant Regulatory Authorities for the purpose of ensuring the continuity of its licensed operations.
- To secure a regulatory framework that supports the business case.
- To manage risks and opportunities arising from the regulatory environment for the benefit of the company.
- Monitor and ensure business compliance with regulatory prescriptions.
Management of Regulatory Issues Including Provision of Advisory Support on Business Issues
- Proffer timely advice on business activities with regulatory implications.
- Drive planned business strategy for the successful delivery of AOP target.
- Collaborate with other business functions in the development of business models and process development towards attainment of organizational goals.
- Proactively identify and advise business on potential regulatory issues and commercial trends.
- Engage the NCC to ensure the maintenance of a level playing field and fair allocation of resources in the industry.
Proactively Engage the NCC in The Development of Best Practice Policies, Regulations, Guidelines and Standards on Technical, Consumer Affairs, Competition, Universal Service and Market Evolution Issues
- Coordinate and ensure acceptance of Airtel Nigeria’s input to key regulatory interventions by the NCC.
- Engage industry associations and motivate for their buy-in to Airtel Nigeria’s position on NCC driven regulatory interventions with the purpose of establishing a best practice regime.
- Proactively research and propose regulatory interventions for adoption by the NCC.
- Ensure that Airtel accesses the benefits of Nigeria’s USPF subsidy/interventions.
Design, Co-Ordinate and Manage Processes for Internal Compliance to Regulatory Prescriptions (Technical & Commercial)
- Define minimum service levels (SLA) for internal stakeholder compliance to regulatory prescriptions to ensure sanctions are not imposed against Airtel Nigeria.
- Design internal processes for holistic evaluation of regulatory compliance levels and manage the process to ensure they are followed.
- Drive end to end implementation of regulatory prescriptions to maximize business benefits.
- Ensure compliance to applicable regulations and monitor availability of all relevant documentation, across functions to meet compliance requirements.
Regulatory Support to Internal Stakeholders
- Process and obtain requisite approvals from the NCC for tariffs, products & services.
- Obtain Promo Approvals from relevant overlap regulatory authorities.
- Assurance of the fulfilment of responsibilities in relation to external liaison (CDR requests from security agencies and subscribers)
Advise on and Monitor Compliance with Terms of The Unified Service Access Licence (UASL), 3G, 4G, & 5G Licences, and Nigerian Communications Act, 2003, and Other Regulations Made Pursuant Thereto
- Periodically scan the environment to identify risks and provide strategy for ameliorating same in respect to licenses held by Airtel.
- Develop and maintain beneficial relationships with strategic regulatory bodies to ensure sanctions are not imposed on Airtel.
- Develop and issue end to end processes to ensure license conditions are met.
- Co-ordinate Nigeria’s input to group strategy on renewal, modification and variation of existing licenses, where necessary.
Co-Ordinate Airtel’s Inputs to Periodic Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (FCCPC), National Lottery Regulatory Commission (NLRC), Universal Service Provision Fund (USPF) Interventions – Standards, Guidelines and Regulations
- Research, develop and contribute to group position papers with a view to providing Nigeria sensitive inputs.
- Collaborate with user functions to develop inputs and responses to regulatory interventions by overlap regulatory agencies.
- Monitor and ensure achievement of defined group objectives as it relates to USPF.
- Provide guidance and ensure that necessary permits, licenses and concessions are obtained from overlap regulatory agencies in relation to lotteries/promotions.
Monitoring and Maintaining a Database of all Regulatory Compliance Activities
- Define minimum service levels (SLA) for internal stakeholder compliance to NCC prescriptions to ensure sanctions are not imposed against Airtel.
- Develop and maintain a Regulatory Compliance Dashboard and Risk Register
- Collate and ensure timely submission of Group Compliance reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCTIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law, Engineering or Economics. Preferably a Law Degree.
- MBA or a higher degree in any of the above disciplines would be preferred additional qualification.
- Minimum of 8years of varied experience in law, engineering or economics with ~ 6 years of relevant experience in Telecommunications field
- Sound understanding and knowledge of Regulatory environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigerian telecoms industry, business environment.
- Previous employment with the Nigerian Communications Commission would be an added advantage.
Skills critical to the role:
- Ability to deliver in a changing business environment.
- Ability to communicate and influence team direction without formal authority.
2). Enterprise Delivery Project Manager
- Enterprise Delivery Project Manager will be responsible for the planning, execution, monitoring and closure of designated projects within Airtel Enterprise Business Unit. This person will be interacting with our Partners very extensively.
- Effective planning and delivery of all enterprise solutions within the product portfolio is the essence of the role.
Deliver New Service Requests from The Sales Pipeline to Meet Revenue Targets for the Business Unit
- Plans and coordinates the delivery of new service activation requests from the sales pipeline through to service acceptance and billing.
- Liaise with cross functional teams, to manage and coordinate implementation of agreed tasks within defined timelines.
- Provides situational reports relating to progress of each assign project.
- Maintains documentation of project related detail for effective tracking of designs for various customer solutions
- Liaises with IP Team to ensure service activations are finalized and perform quality checks to assure first time customer service acceptance.
IP Network/ MPLS Project Support
- Demonstrates good understanding of basic IP requirements.
- Produces and updates topology diagrams for newly delivered projects.
- Ensures a timely delivery of projects.
- Engages in nominated IP related projects and supports the migration of key services to the MPLS backbone when required.
Process Optimization and SLA Fulfilment
- Supports the 4-way reconciliation process to ensure accurate link count, billing accuracy and effective inventory management.
- Continuously works with cross functional stakeholders to evaluate business processes and instigate process improvements.
- Ensures relevant documentation is maintained and keeps the service catalogue updated with project related records.
- Ensures the process of solutions delivery is optimized from hardware dispatch through to installation, integration, testing and operational handover.
- Keeps proper project records on all aspects of the project delivery.
- Manage and co-ordinate support and service engineers in attending to customers’ service requests and resolving same within SLA targets with the aim of meeting Key Performance Indices (KPIs).
Ensure Network Availability of 99.5% &<5% Error Rate on Rejected Delivered Links Due to Poor Project Delivery.
- Contribute to achieving 99.5% availability by delivering new service requests/links with a minimum error rate and at acceptable sign off margins.
- Supports the IP operations team in troubleshooting and fixing any new links which have been rejected by customers due to poor quality or error in delivery.
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCTIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Eng. / B.Sc./B.Tech. other first Degrees in relevant disciplines.
- MBA will be an added advantage.
- PMP or Prince2 project management methodology will be an advantage.
- CCNA/CCNP/AWS also an advantage.
- ITIL v3 also an advantage,
- At least 5 years post National Service work experience in Enterprise network deployments (IP/MPLS/Transmission/SDWAN/Cloud)
- Must have experience in managing telecom projects, Business Development and Client relations.
- Working knowledge of project management best practices
- At least five (2) years’ experience in a project management role in Telecoms.
Impact of the Position:
- Responsible for deployment of IP/MPLS/transmission/SDWAN links through microwave or fiber as per Enterprise solution document of a project
- Assessing material availability for each project and escalating the issues for shortages well in advance.
- Coordinating with internal teams and customers for RFI and verifying it before giving a site to partners of link installations
- Coordinating with partners for quality and timely deployment
- Prepare Commissioning & AT procedure for the Connectivity projects (IP/MPLS/Transmission/SD-WAN/Cloud)
- Checking AT of the last mile links, IP networks, including fiber & DXX as per agreed procedure with the customer.
- Troubleshooting with the partners in case of technical problems.
- Escalating the problems and bottlenecks as soon as it is noticed.
- Interfacing with the customers for handover and integration with customer’s systems
- Ensure end to end testing is completed with the customer and links are handed over to customers and Adherence to the plan as per solution document and troubleshooting with the partners in case of technical problems with formal sign-off.
- Circulating daily & weekly progress reports as required
- Visiting sites and customers as required
- Adherence to the plan as per solution document
Deadline: Not specified.
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply: