Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
1). Manager – Food & Beverage II (A)
- Position responsible for all the food and beverage operations, which includes all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Oversees guest and employee satisfaction, maintaining standards and meeting or exceeding financial goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge and proficiency of all applicable food and beverage laws and regulations.
- Develops and implements business plan for food and beverage.
Core Work Activities
Developing and Maintaining Budgets:
- Develops and manages all financial, employee engagement and guest satisfaction plans and actions for Food and Beverage departments.
- Maintains a positive cost management index for kitchen and restaurant operations.
- Utilizes budgets to understand financial objectives.
Leading Food and Beverage Team:
- Manages the Food and Beverage departments (not catering sales).
- Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Oversees all culinary, restaurant, beverage and room service operations.
- Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
- Provides excellent customer service to all employees.
- Responds quickly and proactively to employee’s concerns.
- Provides a learning atmosphere with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Provides proactive coaching and counseling to team members.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Monitors and maintains the productivity level of employees.
- Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
- Provides the leadership, vision and direction to bring together and prioritize the departmental goals in a way that will be efficient and effective.
- Sets clear expectations with the employees and team leaders and verifies that appropriate rewards are given if expectations are exceeded.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service:
- Provides excellent customer service.
- Responds quickly and proactively to guest’s concerns.
- Understands the brand’s service culture.
- Drives alignment of all employees, team leaders and managers to the brand’s service culture.
- Sets service expectations for all guests internally and externally.
- Takes ownership of a guest complaint/problem until it is resolved or it has been addressed by the appropriate manager or employee.
- Verifies all banquet functions are up to standard and exceed guest’s expectations.
- Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Manages day-to-day operations, drives quality, and verifies standards are meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities:
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Conducts performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Promotes both Guarantee of Fair Treatment and Open Door policies.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaches, mentors, or otherwise helps others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Identifies the educational needs of others, develops formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaches or instructs others.
- Develops an action plan to attack need areas and expand on strengths based on employee engagement and guest satisfaction results.
- Complies with all corporate accounting procedures.
- Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Drives effective departmental communication and information systems through logs, department meetings and property meetings.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
- 2 year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management, Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration or a related major; 2 years experience in the food and beverage, culinary, or related professional area.
2). Shift Leader – Loss Prevention
- Conduct key control audit, monitor electronic key boxes, issue/receive master keys, radios, and beepers; ensure the safekeeping of these items.
- Patrol all areas of the property; assist guests with room access.
- Monitor Closed Circuit Televisions and alarm systems.
- Respond to accidents, contact EMS or administer first aid/CPR as required.
- Assist guests/employees during emergency situations.
- Notify appropriate individuals in the event of accidents, attacks, or other incidents.
- Defuse guest/employee disturbances.
- Call for outside assistance if necessary.
- Complete incident reports to document all Security/Loss Prevention related incidents.
- Resolve safety hazard situations.
- Escort unwelcome persons from the property.
- Report to scenes of vehicle accidents/thefts.
- Call for assistance using proper code responses.
- Complete a Loss Prevention shift summary/daily activity report.
- Maintain confidentiality of all reports/documents; release information only to authorized individuals.
- Provide proper paperwork to employees requiring outside medical treatment.
- Type, proofread, and copy security reports.
- Assist management in training and motivating; serve as a role model.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move at a speed required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications.
Deadline: Not specified
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply: