Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Unified Payment Services Limited (UP)
Unified Payment Services Limited (UP) is the foremost payment and financial technology company in Nigeria, established in 1997 by a consortium of prominent Nigerian banks. UP serves as a collaborative platform for the country’s banking sector, providing shared infrastructure and operating as a Payments Service Provider both domestically and internationally. Our vision is to become the top choice as an e-payment service provider throughout the African continent.
Title: Legal Counsel Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- To ensure that the Company’s interest is protected in all legal issues.
- To prepare/review all legal documents between the Company and clients, customers, vendors, partners, etc
- To work with external solicitors to ensure promt and satisfactory delivery on matters outsourced to external solicitors.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Draft and/or review all contracts involving the Company to ensure that the terms are acceptable and favourable to the Company.
- Ensure that proper custody is kept of all business instruments and executed contracts involving the Company.
- Relating with and assisting external solicitors in handling matters for the company
- Relating with the regulatory authorities and filing returns where necessary
- Ensuring legal and other regulatory compliance
- Legal advisory services
- Education University: Degree(s) in Law. At least a 2.1 in a Degree in Law and Nigerian Law School
- Others: Completion of professional training by the Nigerian Law School and call to Bar.
- Experience: Understanding of basic legal principles; good knowledge of Law of Contract, Company Law Practice; Legal Drafting, etc.
Deadline: 30th June, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
Send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.