KOKO Internet Group is a prominent and diversified international company operating in the media, information, and services sectors. With a presence on three continents, they are at the forefront of delivering a wide range of innovative products, services, and content to their global audience. Through their diverse business portfolio, KOKO Internet Group continues to expand its reach and impact in the ever-evolving digital landscape.
Title: Legal Officer
About the job
- As part of our expansion plan, the KOKO Group is looking for a bright and commercial newly qualified lawyer with a daring and uncompromising spirit that will support and sustain our operations.
- Our digital media business operations is in the music, film, sport, television, and fashion industries, and this opportunity is for a talented individual to join the team and help with our business and clients in these sectors.
Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- This role will have a broad scope that involves a wide and interesting range of legal work, including drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, regulatory and business related compliance, marketing and promotional review, international development and bespoke projects. The roles will have more of a company, commercial law and litigation focus and involving both Nigeria and overseas litigation.
- Preparation and negotiation of commercial and media contracts
- Advising on compliance and regulatory issues relating to Nigeria and international media and entertainment laws and licensing
- Advising on a range of legal matters such as trademarks, licensing, image rights , compliance etc concerning the group and clients.
- Reviewing and advising on marketing promotions and advertisements
- Advising on day to day legal queries from clients, partners, agencies and business
- Advising and assisting in responding to customer complaints and external dispute resolution
- Assessing and advising on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts and proposing creative solutions
- Ad hoc projects and business development opportunities as they arise
- Recent qualified or junior lawyer with top training and experience
- You will need to be highly motivated and pro-active, with excellent attention to detail and an ability to find sound commercial solutions to challenging legal and commercial issues.
- A strong commitment to media, entertainment and sports rights, transparency and accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to think legally, analytically, strategically and effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Capacity to appropriately plan and prioritise and to manage multiple demand efficiently
- Ability to defend and explain complex issues and positions to clients, partners, staff and to advocate on these positions externally.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within and outside the organisation
Salaries and Benefits:
- Competitive but subject to experience
Deadline: 30 June 2023.
How to Apply: Send us a short paragraph on why you think you’re a good fit and attach your CV to [email protected]