200 + Employees
Western Union Company
Western Union Company holds a prominent position as a global pioneer in facilitating cross-border, cross-currency money transfers. Through our state-of-the-art omnichannel platform, we seamlessly bridge the digital and physical realms, enabling individuals and businesses to swiftly send and receive money, as well as conduct payments with unparalleled speed, convenience, and trustworthiness.
Title: Manager, Operations
Employment Type: Full-time
- Do you want to help train specialist teams that play a key role tackling money laundering and other financial crimes?
- Are you enthused by working collaboratively at international level and across all levels of seniority?
- Are you interested in joining a globally diverse organization where our unique contributions are recognized and celebrated, allowing each of us to thrive? Then join Western Union as a Manager, Operations.
- Western Union powers your pursuit:
- We’re seeking a Regional Operations Manager, based in our Lagos, Nigeria office. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring availability of Money Transfer services and new products with Network Agents in assigned regions.
- You will continuously monitor and improve service quality at POS to deliver superior service to consumers, creating customer loyalty and generating business growth with a focus on the following:
- Coordinate the agent activation process, ensuring agent’s readiness in legal, operational and technical aspects, software installation and initial and ongoing training of agent’s staff (CSC, back office, POS, as well as “train the trainer”).
- Key contact between WU departments and agents on all matters related to the operations/service aspect of the business, e.g. communications to the agents, implementation of procedures, software upgrades.
- Ensure network agents are in full compliance with worldwide operating policies and service standards. Manage and implement quality assurance programmes.
- Manage POS audits, define subsequent strategy for improvement and ensure implementation at the agent level.
- Manage various projects to ensure efficiency and cost saving at the agent level while maintaining optimum service quality (e.g. Gateway integration, project management, loyalty card)
- Actively contribute to Country Management by identifying opportunities and providing operational advice and expertise to Marketing, Country Managers as well as other functional areas.
- University Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in operations and/or training and/or quality
- Good understanding of financial market and banking operations (75% of our agents are banks)
- Basic understanding of telecommunications and very good computer skills (usage, configuration, installation)
- Proactive and able to work independently and within a team
- Good analytical skills.
- Project Management skills.
- Good understanding of today’s technology standards (PC-level, software, telecom, network systems, Digital Money Transfer, Mobile Banking, Mobile Money Transfer).
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently at all levels of the organization, with consumers and agent staff at level of location.
- High, unquestionable integrity.
- Team player emphasis.
- Very strong interpersonal qualities.
- Very strong presentation skills.
- You will also have access to short-term incentives, multiple health insurance options, accident and life insurance, and access to best-in-class development platforms, to name a few (https://careers.westernunion.com/global-benefits/).
- Please see the location-specific benefits below and note that your Recruiter may share additional role-specific benefits during your interview process or in an offer of employment.
- Your Nigeria specific benefits include:
- Pension allowance, housing allowance, mobile phone(for business usage),
- For maternity leave is for 12 weeks and the benefit part here is that they receive 50% of covered earnings (fully sponsored by WU), same with paternity leave – 3 days are being fully paid by WU
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online