Myrtle Management Consultants Limited – Our client is an indigenous Oil & Gas Servicing company providing a vast range of services ranging from marine support operations, maritime security, vessel chartering, and marine consultancy.
Title: Maritime/Field Security Liaison Officer
Location: Lagos (Remote)
Job Type: Full Time
- They seek to hire an experienced Maritime/Field Security Liaison Officer
- As a Maritime/Field Security Liaison Officer, you are to establish the focal point of contact between our client’s client and their company in Lagos for the field security plan and coordinate all operational requirements to ensure a safe effective working environment and security plan.
- You are also required to coordinate security vessel field patrol and effective surveillance to safeguard against unwanted intrusion into the client field which might impact on safety and daily operations activities.
- Ensures Clients Offshore Assets Protection (Cargo Ship, Tankers on Ship-To-Ship and FPSO) using Patrol Boats (PBs).
- Responsible for assisting clients to achieve field security plans using Patrol Boats for monitoring client Maritime Exclusion Zone (MEZ) to avert encroachments.
- Undertaking joint command & control responsibilities to coordinate security Patrol Boat operations and field security plan as well as escorts with PBs of vessels as required by the client.
- Coordinating all the service requirements, offshore and movement to shore regarding security vessel servicing and maintenance.
- Radar, AIS and radio monitoring in client fields offshore and issuance of warning via radio channels to vessels about encroaching client MEZ.
- Carry out PBs checks on-board for all safety, communication and security equipment to ensure they are in proper working condition.
- Ensure all Situation Reports (SITREPs) are sent to Lagos TOC as per SOP’s.
- Make requests for PB bunkering and other offshore crew welfare-related issues to boost crew deployed on PBs offshore morale and ensure PBs follow client-instructed offshore movement plans.
- Prepare and send end-of-rotation reports to the Operations Supervisor for review by the Operations Manager before distribution to other departments.
- Assist in coordinating QHSE and other drills on board to ensure crew preparedness in the event of emergencies.
- Checks on the galley supplied and stated by vendors (quality control) before loading onto PBs and deploying offshore.
- Serve as the Client’s management representative offshore and engage in intelligent maritime security/security discussions with the client if the need arises.
- Report any maritime security-related incident information/intelligence to Lagos TOC for confirmation and ensure all PBs within AOR are alerted.
- A Degree in any relevant field of study.
- Post-graduate diploma or Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Security or maritime-related discipline is an added advantage.
- Cognate experience is desirable i.e. (worked in the security & or maritime industry for a minimum of three (3) years) but not mandatory a
- Other work/background experience in any other field within a corporate environment is acceptable.
- Certification – Training Required to enhance the role:
- Basic Offshore Safety Induction Emergency Training (BOSIET), including Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET).
- Security courses – ISPS, SSO (Ship Security Officer), CSO, PFSO or similar
- First Aid training.
- HSE training.
- Incident management
- Facility / Personnel security
- Communications security
- Basic physical security countermeasures
- Good communication skills – report writing, clear and concise verbal speech to clients.
- Conflict resolution, problem solving and decision-making
- Administrative skills
- Health and Safety
- Desire to learn & be promoted
Remuneration is competitive.
Deadline: 30th March, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online.
- Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Further assessments will be required.
Jobs by WhatJobs