200 + Employees
Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC)
The Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was founded in 2000 with the objective of enabling the Niger Delta’s quick, even, and sustainable development into an economically wealthy, socially stable, environmentally regenerative, and politically peaceful region.
Title: 2023/2024 Foreign Post-Graduate (Master’s Degree) Scholarship
Scholarship Program Details:
- In an effort to enhance Human Resource Development in the Niger Delta region, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is once again launching its Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme. The program aims to provide our young talents with the necessary training and skills to actively participate in the Federal Government’s local content program. Additionally, it empowers them to specialize in their respective fields of study, enabling them to compete on a global scale in various professional disciplines.
This scholarship opportunity is open to suitably qualified applicants holding relevant Bachelor’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Biomedical Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Robotic Engineering
- Information Technology
- Artificial Intelligence
- Medical Sciences
- Hospitality Management
- Environmental Science
To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Hail from the Niger Delta Region.
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum classification of First Class, Second Class Upper, or Lower Division.
The selection process includes the following steps:
- Initial Application: Interested candidates must submit an online application through the Commission’s Website.
- Preliminary Shortlisting: Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following criteria:
- WASSCE/NECO results.
- Undergraduate Degree classification (1st Class, Second Class Upper/Lower).
- Local Government Identification.
- Computer-Based Test: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a computer-based test conducted by our consultants in Rivers State. A minimum test score of 70% is required to proceed to the next stage.
- Further Shortlisting: Candidates who successfully pass the test will undergo further shortlisting.
- Final Verification: The final verification of candidates will be conducted through the Local Government Area (LGA) and Community Development Committee (CDC).
- The value of the foreign scholarship will be determined based on the prevailing exchange rate of the Naira.
Deadline: 3rd November, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online.
For Further Enquiries, Please Contact:
Director, Education, Health & Social Services, NDDC
Mobile: +234(0)9137806550, +234(0)9049409391.
- Click on the link above to apply
- The following documents must be attached to the application:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized overseas university
- Relevant degrees from recognized universities
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
- Upon successful completion of the application form, a registration number will be automatically assigned.
- Applicants are advised to print a hard copy of the online-generated acknowledgment for future reference.
- All shortlisted applicants will be announced and posted on the NDDC website: www.nddc.gov.ng. These shortlisted candidates will subsequently be required to take part in a Computer-Based Test (CBT).
- The Commission (NDDC) will not enter into any form of Communication with candidates who were not shortlisted for the Computer Based Test (CBT), those who were not invited for oral interview or candidates that were not successful during the oral interviews.
- Preferences will be given to candidates from Oil Producing Host/Communities/Local Government Areas as long as candidates meet the approved cut off mark.
- The Commission will ensure a fair spread of courses amongst beneficiaries within each State.
- Deferment, Change of Institution and Course are not permitted.
- The Commission reserves the sole and absolute discretion to select in line with the above stated criteria and its internal consideration. The decision of the Commission in this regard is final.