200 + Employees
US Embassy – The U.S. Mission to Nigeria consists of two main entities: the Embassy located in Abuja, FCT, and the Consulate General in Lagos. The U.S. Consulate General in Lagos serves as the official representative of the Mission, catering to the needs of the Nigerian people residing in the southern region.
Title: Office Management Assistant – U.S. Eligible Family Members
Announcement Number: Lagos-2023-069
Work Schedule: Full-time – 40 hours per week
Hiring Agency: Consulate General Lagos
Series / Grade: FP – 0120 8
Promotion Potential: FP-8
- Hiring Path: Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FP is 08. Actual FP salary determined by Washington D.C.
- U.S. Citizen Eligible Family Members (USEFMs) – All Agencies
- Security Clearance Required: Secret/Confidential Clearance
- Appointment Type: Temporary
- Appointment Type Details: Definite not to Exceed (5 years).
- The work schedule for this position is: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Start date: C Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (XX weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position: No
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed: No
- The incumbent performs clerical and administrative duties as the Office Management Assistant (OMA) for the Regional Security Office (RSO) pertaining to a multitude of RSO administrative items, both classified and unclassified.
- The incumbent will need to work independently and possess strong communication skills as the incumbent will be in contact with many diverse individuals on a daily basis. Incumbent will require unescorted access to the Control Access Area (CAA) and a Secret security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Completion of High School is required.
- Two (2) years of Secretarial/office support staff clerical experience only, performing duties such as: filing, scanning, scheduling appointments/meetings, maintaining calendars, ordering office supplies, making travel arrangements, and receiving telephone calls is required.
- This may be tested. Please specify your level of proficiency in the language listed.
- Mandatory: Fluent reading/writing/speaking English is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in Abuja, Nigeria may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
- For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
- The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- For the current COVID-19 Requirements please visit the following link.
- Hiring Preference Selection Process: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
Hiring Preference Order:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
- ** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
- For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
USD $36,195 annually.
Deadline: 5th July, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a Secret clearance.
- To apply for this position click the “APPLY TO THIS VACANCY” button at the top of the page.
- Click on the “Submit Application” button to complete your application process. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
To qualify based on education, you MUST submit the requested degree and / or transcripts as verification of educational requirement by the closing date of this announcement. Failure to provide requested information, or the information is insufficient to verify eligibility, may result in disqualification for this position.
All Applicants should have:
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- High school Diploma
Eligible Family Member Applicants:
- Copy of Sponsor’s Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- SF-50 (if applicable)
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
- For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
- Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria.