The Population Council is an international, nonprofit, non-governmental organization. The Council conducts research in biomedicine, social science, and public health and helps build research capacities in developing countries.
Title: Officer, Communications
The Officer, Communications reports to the Manager, Advocacy, Accountability & Partnerships. This position serves as the lead for all the Hub’s communications functions.
- Reporting to the Manager, Advocacy, Accountability & Partnerships will work closely with the rest of the Hub team. They will also collaborate closely with FP2030’s Director, Communications located in the North America & Europe (NAE) Hub, the Global Communications team, the Hub Advocacy, Accountability & Partnership Manager, and with Communications teams at all Hubs.
- Execute communications projects for the Hub, including managing the production of all Hub communications materials, in line with FP2030 design guidance.
- Ensure consistent language, tone, and branding for all externally facing products and platforms, consulting with the Global Communications team to ensure consistency of messaging and positioning across FP2030.
- Support the Hub’s presence at regional convenings and events, including logistical work, collateral design, and staffing.
- Support and contribute to the production of FP2030’s annual progress report, collaborating closely with the NAE Hub’s Communications team.
- Manage communications consultants on an as-needed basis, which may include external editorial, design or media support.
- Support external partner networks to facilitate their strategic engagement with FP2030’s and the Hub’s platforms, channels, and messaging.
- Develop content for communications materials such as web stories, op-eds, press releases, fact sheets, talking points, and event briefings as needed, working closely with the NAE Hub’s Communications team as appropriate.
- Work with new and existing FP2030 commitment-makers in the region to promote new commitments and amplify success stories from existing commitments, working closely with the Global Communications team needed or appropriate.
- Work with the Hub team to support the team’s communications priorities and to amplify success stories from the region.
- Support the translation of FP2030 products as needed, working closely with the Global Communications team
- and with the Officers, Country Engagement, making use of external translation support as appropriate.
- Perform other relevant tasks that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Programmatic Oversight
- Collaborate with consultants and other staff as needed to advance communications work across the region.
- Provide regular updates on the progress of communications work in the region, including to the global FP2030 Communications network and FP2030 Senior Leadership; draft content for reports to funders, Senior Leadership, and key external stakeholders as needed.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent standard of education required, preferably in communications, digital media, journalism, international relations, global health, or other directly related field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least 5-7 years of professional experience in communications or public relations.
- Written and spoken fluency in French (and English).
- An interest in and passion for global health, family planning, reproductive health, international development, or women’s rights issues strongly desired.
- Demonstrable track record of successful communication projects executed in previous roles.
- Experienced in communications and managing processes to successfully adhere to product schedule and quality standards.
- Excellent writing, editing, interpersonal, and oral communications skills.
- Knowledge of national and regional media environment and familiarity with journalist networks preferred.
- Experienced in social media strategy development and implementation.
- French language proficiency required.
- Knowledge of design programs preferred.
- Strong critical thinking, decision-making, and project management skills.
- Team player with adaptable and pragmatic approach to work, able to work independently as well as with a team.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills and the ability to meet deadlines and deliver objectives on time despite time constraints and pressure situations.
- Ability to think strategically and help drive projects from inception to implementation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cultural competencies.
- Willingness to travel (up to 20%).
Deadline: Not specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.
Jobs by WhatJobs