Prospa is a technology company building the operating system for African entrepreneurs and businesses. Our mission is to support Africans in building financial prosperity.
1). Accountant – (Accounts and Reporting)
What you’ll do
- Approve all transactions posted into the Accounting Software
- Prepare Monthly Financial reports
- Prepare and Submit all Regulatory Reports
- Maintain Updated Schedules for relevant General Ledger Accounts.
- File Annual Payee returns
- Prepare Monthly Bank Reconciliations
- Prepare Daily Bank Settlement Reconciliations Transactions.
- Follow up with Outstanding Reconciliation items.
- Monitor All Accounts payable and follow Up for Settlement.
- Monitor All Accounts Receivable and notify Financial Controller if payment is not received.
- Trace and Correct all discrepancies in Account Payable and receivables.
- Compute Monthly VAT/WHT Payable and follow up for Remittance.
- Prepare Annual and Monthly Cash Budget
What you’ll need
- Degree Holder in Accounting or a business related
- Working experience of ateast 3 to 5 years in the finance department
- Knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Quickbooks or any relevant Accounting Software.
- Able to work effectively and productively with internal stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail and well organized
- Exposure to the fintech environment
- Self-motivated with ability to meet deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Sound judgment and confidentiality
Here’s just some of our perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Medical cover
- Paid time off (leave days)
- Work tools
- We invest in our employees through career development & opportunities
2). Head of Customer Service – Retention
The role will require the successful candidate to investigate and monitor disputed customer transactions that are received verbally and/or in writing to ensure we are providing excellent customer service, complying with all applicable regulations, and minimizing financial impact to the company. The Customer Service Manager (Resolution) will handle escalated customer issues which may involve answering/making calls to customers and/or merchants while conducting research.
Customer Service Manager (Resolution) Job Duties
- Manage the end to end error resolution process and ensure that there is adequate staffing to meet the current and projected workload.
- Manage employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation, training, vacations (paid time off),
- Monitor claims and/or calls and/or emails to ensure policy adherence and regulatory compliance.
- Provide management reporting highlighting team performance and identification of process gaps.
- Manage sensitive and escalated customer complaints ensuring senior managers are briefed where appropriate.
- Prepare appropriate responses to complaints received directly from customers or through regulators or bank partners.
- Developing training programs and policies to help team members effectively attend to customers’ issues.
- Analyzing data to determine which strategies are most effective in resolving customers’ issues over time
- Ensure that team members provide excellent, courteous and professional customer service when interacting with the customer.
- Identify the type of transaction, reason for dispute and submit the notice claim (when applicable).
- Gather data from internal and external systems to substantiate transactions and determine appropriate course of action.
- Provide feedback to management regarding opportunities to continuously improve our business (i.e. updates to policies and procedures, system upgrades, etc).
- Escalate to management in a timely manner any issues of concern.
- Set weekly and monthly targets and monitor the performance of team members.
Requirements for the role:
- Self starter that thrives in a collaborative team environment with proven propensity to learn new technologies quickly
- Inspires others to achieve success
- An empathetic, inclusive and curious attitude
- Dynamic, proactive and energetic leadership style
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Word and Access
- Clear verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable and skilled in inbound and outbound calls to customers and/or merchants
- Enjoy new challenges in a rapidly growing environment
- Must be well organized with keen attention to detail
- Strong analytical and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent time and people management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task under pressure of deadlines
- Demonstrate effective problem solving skills
- May be asked to work overtime as necessary
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with clients across an organizational hierarchy, including executive/C-level.
- Ambitious and target focused with a drive to succeed.
- Proven experience as the head of customer service in a financial institution
- Must be a Nigerian
- Required to work onsite
- 5+years proven experience in customer service and 3+ years as a Customer sales manager in a financial institution or Fintech.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills with a proven ability to motivate and manage a team.
3). Loan Recovery Officer
The Loan Recovery Officer will work to ensure the sustainability of Prospa’s lending department as we scale. You will be responsible for monitoring and managing member accounts in the case of defaults. You will employ innovative and effective strategies to, in accordance with legal framework requirements to recover overdue loans.
What You’ll Do
- You will work closely with the loan operations team and the risk and compliance teams to prioritise member accounts and come up with effective solutions to recover loans.
- In this role, you’ll be required to rehabilitate accounts in default by deploying effective and efficient standard recovery practices, in accordance with legal framework requirements.
- You will handle member’s objections and complaints in a professional manner and liaise with respective departments where necessary for prompt resolution.
Your primary responsibilities will include;
- Engage defaulting members through the telephone, e-mails & physical visit to recover payments on defaulted accounts.
- Maintain daily activity logs of number of calls, physical visits, right party contacts, promises to pay and promises to pay kept.
- Verify information of defaulted payments and follow up with a call and physical visit
- Negotiate effective payment plan arrangements & follow up on the progress of payments
- Bachelor’s Degree from any related field
- 2 years of experience in loans operation with a track record of working directly with clients to troubleshoot and problem-solve issues
What you’ll need
- High self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills
- Are a self-starter, take initiative and work collaboratively
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Deadline: Not specified
How to Apply: Use the links below to apply: