200 + Employees
Breakthrough Action Nigeria
Breakthrough Action Nigeria (BA-N) is a USAID-funded Social Behavior Change (SBC) and Risk Communication Project aimed at increasing the practice of priority individual and household level health behaviors in target states on Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health plus Nutrition (MNCH+N), Family Planning (FP), Malaria, Tuberculosis, and Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) for COVID and Priority Infectious Diseases (Lassa fever, Monkey Pox). Breakthrough ACTION collaborates with governments, civil society, and communities worldwide to implement creative and sustainable SBC programming, cultivate SBC champions, mainstream new techniques and technologies, and advocate for strategic and sustained investment in SBC.
Location: Abuja (FCT)
- The Receptionist will be responsible for handling front office reception and administration duties, including greeting and welcoming visitors, answering phone calls, notifying staff of visitors’ arrival, and setting up conferences/meetings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
In addition to the general duties described above. Specific duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or via telephone.
- Attend to all visitor-related queries and escalate complex queries where necessary;
- Assist in maintaining security by monitoring the guest logbook and issuing visitor badges;
- Notify the Admin Officer II-Safety and Security or the office security guards of any suspicious visitor(s) within the (front) office environment;
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and materials (e.g. pens, forms and brochures)
- Answer and forward phone calls as needed;
- Manage meeting rooms requests and allocations
- Set up conference/meeting rooms as needed including electronic presentations;
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, etc.
- Receive and dispatch mails/letters and other materials to the appropriate staff, office or unit;
- Assist with office logistics arrangements and small procurements as needed;
- Handle staff travel air tickets and hotel bookings
- Manage staff official data and airtime provision
- Manage the front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of HND / Bachelor’s Degree;
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience working with donor-funded projects is desirable;
- Working Knowledge of MS Office Packages;
- Knowledge of basic administrative procedures;
- Strong verbal communication skills (written & spoken) in English language
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and proactively
Deadline: 25th September, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should forward PDF copies of their CVs to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location of choice (e.g., “Receptionist, Abuja”) as the subject of the email.
- Breakthrough Action Nigeria is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.
- Qualified female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.