200 + Employees
Traction Apps operates as a technology company with a specific emphasis on providing tech solutions tailored to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), particularly in the areas of merchant management and payments. Traction Apps is a branch of Traction Venture Partners Limited, a venture-building platform committed to fostering a B2B ecosystem in emerging markets. Led by former McKinsey consultants, Traction embodies a mission-driven, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial culture. It offers a substantial opportunity for team members to contribute to substantial growth and tackle real-world challenges.
Title: Senior Backend Engineer
Work Type: Full Time
- We are looking for driven passionate problem solvers and self-starters to join our team.
- In this role, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of best-in-class people strategies which will drive Traction forward as an employer of choice and support the organization in achieving its vision, mission, and strategic goals.
Overview of the Role
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server- side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, readable and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performant applications and APIs
- Implementation of security and data protection
- Integration of data storage solutions which may include databases, key-value stores, blob stores, etc.
- Participation in the process of creating technical specifications
- Integration and unit testing developed code
- Mentoring fellow developers
- Actively taking part in the research of new technologies and solutions
- Working closely together with front-end developers
- Owning delivery end-to-end and releasing code to several deployment environments without hitches or inconsistencies.
- Treating team success as personal success
- Translating learning into systematic improvement
- The development of tests and documentation as required
- Integration of external services where necessary
Attributes of the Ideal Candidate
- 4 – 7 years’ experience in backend engineering
- Experience designing APIs taking a RESTful approach and provide adequate documentation for API users
- Preferred stack is Golang, NodeJS, Java
- Experience with Test Driven Development and writing high coverage tests
- Ability to deploy code, manage, monitor and scale servers required. AWS Experience is preferred
- Experience with containerization. Docker, Kubernetes similar technologies a plus. Computer Science or related degree
- A track record of responsibility and an ability to think critically though difficult technical problems
- Golang experience preferred but not compulsory
- Experience working in fintech industry a plus
- Join a high potential organization. This is a unique opportunity to join a rapidly scaling business where we expect you to approach things differently, and solve problems for business owners
- Meaningful Rewards: Competitive Base Pay, Flexible Leave Plan, Health Insurance
- Captain your career path. Live, work, and breathe in an environment with limitless opportunities for growth, both professionally and personally. A personal learning budget used to invest in your growth
- The Best Team. Working with a motivated and talented team plus regular team bonding events
- Ownership: Everyone’s responsible for the company’s overall success
- Innovation: You continue to seek ways of solving problems
- Growth Mindset: You keep pursuing growth and learning
- Team Spirit: You are responsible for building a positive and valuable team
- Ethical Standard: You observe high ethical standards towards colleagues and customers.
Deadline: Not Specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
Note: Traction Apps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company does not and will not discriminate in employment on any basis prohibited by applicable law.