Mid sized business
1 to 50 Employees
Teaching at the Right Level Africa (TaRL Africa)
Teaching at the Right Level Africa (TaRL Africa) is a recently formalized collaboration between research institute J-PAL and education non-profit Pratham, who have been working together for more than 15 years to produce affordable, scaleable reading and numeracy initiatives. The creation of the TaRL, as we now refer to it, is the result of their efforts.
Title: Senior Finance & Administrative Associate
- Teaching at the Right Level (TaRL) Africa seeks a Senior Finance and Administrative Associate to support the country’s program operations.
- The role will report to the Country Director and is responsible for supporting finance and administrative operations.
- This involves establishing and maintaining efficient administrative systems and control mechanisms to support the smooth running of office operations and ensure compliance with administrative, human resource procedures and financial processes.
- Support the day-to-day operational, financial, and administrative operations (including processing staff requests related to program operations)
- Review accounts payable including invoices, Requests For Payments, and travel expense reports.
- Ensure compliance with financial internal controls and ensure that transactions are processed and assets managed in accordance with the TaRL Africa financial and operational policies.
- Ensure expenses are authorized and processed in accordance with agreed procedures for both TaRL Africa and donors.
- Support the office audits and, financial risk management and fraud prevention issues
- Develop and maintain effective office systems (e.g., IT support, office maintenance, fixed assets, supplier contact), ensuring these are consistent with TaRL Africa’s operating requirements.
- Handle procurement processes and ensure that processes are in compliance with TaRL Africa and donor regulations. with vendors to answer questions and resolve issues.
- Manage vendor relations from the procurement process to payments
- Review advance requests and advance surrenders in the ERP
- Assist the Country Director with assembling annual and project budgets and forecasts in accordance with the annual planning cycle for the country and central offices.
- Review monthly bank reconciliations
- Maintain the accounting reporting process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of ledgers and all supporting documentation and compliance with finance and procurement regulations.
- Consolidate finances and produce monthly, quarterly, and annual financial management information and reports for the country office
- Liquidity management at the country office level. Monitor cash position including preparation of funds requests on a timely basis to ensure sufficient funds for the country office
- Review and reconcile monthly payroll and process the payroll payments for the country office
- Review the In-country fixed assets register (both manual and system versions)
- Coordinate internal and external audits and ensure that audit recommendations are implemented.
Required minimum Skills and Competencies
- At least 5 years’ experience in Finance, Operations and Office Administration ideally for a non-profit organization.
- A Degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, business administration or any relevant field.
- Should be a Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Experience in setting up new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems.
- Experience in bookkeeping and computerized accounting systems.
- Experience in making improvements to financial systems; an aptitude for this work is an advantage.
- Experience in periodic financial reporting for management purposes and donor reporting
- Ability to think critically and analytically, and identify and troubleshoot potential issues before they arise.
- Positive team player with interest in people management and development
- Ability to learn and use new technologies.
Deadline: 21st June, 2023.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply online
- Only applications submitted through the form will be accepted.
- Please note that, due to the large volume of applications, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we will only respond to short-listed applicants.