WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower Supply company to the international Oil, Gas and Energy industry. We supply Consultants to the Projects and Operations of our Clients. We also perform Outsourcing Services like Project Recruitment Campaigns and Workforce Management in Oil and Gas regions around the world.
Title: Senior Management Accountant
- The Senior Management Accountant supports management planning and decision making by providing analysis and reporting on key financial information emanating from business operations, cashflow, income, and expenses.
- The role also supports cost and revenue optimization by generating and monitoring forecasts, budgets, and risk analysis.
- Maintain documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Improve the company’s accounting operations, especially the control systems, transaction-processing operations, policies and procedures.
- Forecast cash flow positions and available funds for investment.
- Ensure sufficiency of funds to meet operational and capital investment requirements.
- Maintain relationship with company bankers.
- Maintain payment relationship with the suppliers.
- Prepare reports on the company’s assets, financial performance, liquidity and main risks.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure timely preparation and review of financial accounts.
- Prepare timely, regular management accounts for the company.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standard (IFRS).
INTERNAL CONTROL & AUDIT MANAGEMENT
- Prepare Management Accounts for financial audit exercise.
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit.
- Review the internal control processes including financial controls for likely submission to external auditors, upon request.
- Liaise with external auditors for the Prepare By Client (PBC) checklist and provide authorized feedback as necessary.
- Attend to auditors queries and complaints for immediate resolutions.
- Update the GL/Control Accounts with the approved audit adjustment journals.
- Conduct and direct audits and ongoing reviews of organization controls, operating procedures, and compliance with policies and regulations.
- Prepare Trial Balance with lead schedules for the control account balances for audit purposes.
- Review and appraise the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, compliance procedures and controls, and timeliness of documentation generation.
MANAGEMENT OF TAXES AND STATUTORY CONTRIBUTIONS
- Advise on best practice for tax planning with appropriate tax rates full compliance and prevention of sanctions.
- Obtain information on taxes and statutory contributions from relevant designated authorities to update the internal business processes.
- Develop a robust policy on tax compliance, deductions, remittances and reporting.
- Compute accurate taxes (CIT, EDT, WHT, VAT) based on standard rates and basis.
- Advise with approved memo for taxes payable.
- Ensure timely filing of tax returns (WHT & VAT) with all relevant authorities to avoid penalties and fines.
- Statutory obligations (Pension, HMO, Group Life)
- 13th Month
- Leave Allowance
- Bonus based on Company’s Performance
- Annual salary range is NGN 8m – 11m.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in accounting, treasury operations or corporate finance
- Audit experience with the big four is an added advantage
Deadline: Not specified.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to apply.
Jobs by WhatJobs